Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app for downhill skiing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I down hill ski, cross country ski and snowshoe.  There are not specific apps for these. Snowshoeing I would use the hiking exercise app but what about down hill skiing and cross country skiing?
Thanks,

Mary

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I just bought the Ionic, based on the specs  that  include Barometric Altitude, GPS navigation (or .GPX file format routes), I thought it would be very suitable for activities such as Mountainbiking and Freeride skiing. But it turns out that almost 18 months after release these activities are not supported natively. There isn't even a hit when I search for 'Mountainbike' in the Fitbit appstore...

I will try the ski-app, but it seems more suited to on-piste skiing, rather than freeride. Will also try the Waypoints app for navigation, but these activities and features should be supported natively.

The development also seems to go nowhere. This idea was posted right after release, and apparently it has not yet been added after all that time. Slightly disappointed now, and keep banging my head that I should have chosen a Suunto instead.

Best Answer
I couldn’t agree more. The battery life for the gps should make it one of the most desirable watches for outdoor activities, but the interface stinks, with no improvements in sight. I snowboard, surf, SUP, mountain bike… all of which are unsupported. There is an option to choose yoga or pilates though, so that’s ok ;-). I’ve tried the (non-Fitbit) app ‘Alpine Snow’, but it is inaccurate and doesn’t show any metrics other than HR and distance when you’re done. Wow. My only workaround is to select ‘hike’ through the fitbit exercise interface, then change the sport on Strava when I’m done. Far from ideal, and it still doesn’t give me everything I want. Fitbit are missing out on a huge opportunity here and, by ignoring their customers, losing repeat business. I wouldn’t buy another fitbit product unless the exercise interface is improved and expanded.
Best Answer

Wow! Fitbit are utterly useless! No ski app? No notifications! Such a shame they went so downhill (no pun intended) 

Best Answer

Doe het oke hike weet iman dat

Best Answer
0 Votes