Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps changed to calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

this morning my app changed the display from steps to calories. i have searched all the forums and help and i dont even see options to change goals or any other display. its not giving me any options. did this happen to anyone else, how do we fix this?

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Can you be more descriptive?  "the display".  Are you talking about a circle at the top of the phone app? Did it change whole display or just one circle? Just the big circle at top or all of them? etc?

Change the Label to calories but still have steps number?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the circle at the top. Changed the whole display   It doesn’t have any steps at all. The calories is the only circle available. I can’t even scroll and it doesn’t give the option to see the zones either. 

Best Answer

Edit button near top right.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already tried that. It didn’t work it only gave me the option to turn off the calories. But it still doesn’t show steps 

Best Answer

Hi @Dld71084  - when you open the Fitbit App on there is an Edit button top right in your goals section. To the right of Today.

There you can choose your goals and make steps the main one by moving them around.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have that problem, on the app, also. The edit, and App Settings do not give an option for changing to steps, or anything else, except calories.

Best Answer

I too have that problem.  My APP won’t allow me to change the display, or even add back Heart Rate (which I , by mistake deleted).

There must have been something done during an update to the APP (I have both an android and i-OS app, so it isn’t platform dependent)

Best Answer
I had to delete and reinstall the app. Then add the Versa back as new, and
"BOOM"!
Best Answer

I’m having this issue too and it almost seems like I can change it to steps and then the option is gone again!

Best Answer

This is frustrating I have a small step streak that I would like to keep does the reset wipe that out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t do anything just yet, Fitbit is reported as down at the moment by a whole lot of people. Mine has done the same today. Wait a while, it may rectify itself.

Best Answer

I don’t think it will wipe anything out, once it connects to your Fitbit properly again when the website is properly back up it should go back to what it was.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like the Fitbit app is working OK but the problems we're having are all a result of the fact that the app on the phone is only displaying data that it has to download from the Google/Fitbit servers.  I updated the Fitbit app and rebooted the phone any nothing much has changed on the phone app since all these issues appear this morning.  It look like basically a data transfer and storage issue, not a Fitbit device issue.  So "edits" to try and fix issue on the phone app will have no help - the problems not on the phone, it's just the phones access to the Google/Fitbit data storage.

Best Answer

I’ve deleted and reinstalled my Fitbit a few times on the app and it hasn’t wiped out any stats.

Best Answer

same, my fitbit app is no longer showing my steps at the top of the dashboard. Mine always showed the calories, but it ALSO showed steps. I assume the issue is on FITBIT side and not us, not our device or phones. too many of us have the issue for it to be "us"

Best Answer

Hi all - it is a Fitbit server problem - Calories may be a default configuration while the servers are not working.

When the system is working again you should be able to use Edit to put back any missing goals or tiles and rearrange them as you want. This information is held in the configuration of your app settings so may not be currently accessible while the servers are unavailable. It may even recover by itself but most likely not.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I'm having a lot of different problems - what you said above but also others, like it won't show my sleep. I did all the things - restarting my fitbit and phone, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Then I called and waited on hold for 30 minutes several hours ago and was told there is a problem with the app and it would be fixed in a couple hours. Still not fixed. No other info was made available to me, nor why there was no communication from Fitbit about the issue.

Best Answer

yes it happen to me as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

will deleting the fitbit app and reinstalling cause you to lose any data

Best Answer
0 Votes