Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Profiles

Hey everyone! @EmersonFitbit here. I thought I'd stop by and give you a bit more insight into your unique Community Profile Page!

You can reach your Profile Page by clicking on your avatar at the top right of the page, next to the Search bar. Here's what it looks like:

Screenshot 2014-09-24 10.16.43.png

On your Profile Page, you can view all your personal public information and private Community statistics, alongside your most recent activity. 

Screenshot 2014-09-24 10.13.05.png

Underneath the About section, you'll see of your Latest Posts. This is useful for your own reference, and for other users to take a look through your recent contributions to the Community.

Screenshot 2014-09-24 10.26.28.png

Underneath that, you'll see some personal information that relates to you. It's important to keep in mind that the Profile Information in this section is visible only to you. No one will be able to see your email address. Conversely, you won't be able to see other members' email addresses. An example below:

Screenshot 2014-09-24 10.33.03.png

If you keep scrolling downwards, you'll see some Private Statistics. Things like votes, content magnitude, and logins will be quantified. It's always fun seeing how much you've contributed to the forums! 

Screenshot 2014-09-24 10.44.37.png

After Private Statistics, you'll see tallies for Votes Given and Votes Received (thanks for the votes, everyone!).

Captura de pantalla 2015-09-11 14.13.37.png

At the top right of your Profile Page, you'll notice:

• Inbox notifications
  • Automatically saved drafts of posts
  • Images you've recently posted

Screenshot 2014-09-24 10.57.58.pngScreenshot 2014-09-24 10.59.12.png

That's about it--hope this overview of your Profile Page helps you to get more out of your time here!

Note: This article is meant to give you an idea of what you'll see on your own Profile Page. You can click on other members' Profile Pages to learn more about them.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Nicely done @EmersonFitbit and thanks for making this for the rest of the us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
I just type my community username wrong. How can I change the username?
Best Answer

@PedroHenrique I'll reach out to you via PM to assist.

Best Answer
Excellent article except I have no small icon at the top right of the page next to the search bar. I can get the profile page on my computer but I cannot get it on my samsung galaxy 3. Used to be able to, but not now. Thanks.
Best Answer

@bwalter82 The instructions above are specific to the desktop website experience. On a mobile device, you can instead tap the "three lines" icon at the top-left of the Community to access further options, including your profile page.

Best Answer

i thought i was in the search bar and type someones name i was searching and now i have their name as my community name on here, i did it from my phone. How can i edit the name and change it to the correct name? thanks

Best Answer

I'll help you out via PM.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@PedroHenrique I'll reach out to you via PM to assist.

Hi @MatthewFitbit good to 'see you again'.  I am no longer ElkHair14Flex... I am now (or would be if I could figure out how) ElkHair14ChargeHR.  Would you be able to help me as well?
Thanks ~Bill

Outdated user name...

ElkHair14Flex.jpg

Graduated from Flex to ChargeHR
Working on changing ElkHair14Flex community ID
Best Answer

@ElkHair14Flex

Name changing has a certain impact on the forums, normally this is a one time exception when wanting to change your username.

Choose wisely a unique name you truly desire to have which is kinda future-proof.

If for example getting in the future another tracker and having changed your username before it may not be possible to change again.

Choose wisely, enjoy your choice.

In the forum settings there's a option to change what is displayed in your signature below every post like displaying which tracker you use. Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner next to your avatar image and choose 'settings'.

Other forum preferences can also be changed when desired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@ElkHair14Flex

Name changing has a certain impact on the forums, normally this is a one time exception when wanting to change your username.

Choose wisely a unique name you truly desire to have which is kinda future-proof.

If for example getting in the future another tracker and having changed your username before it may not be possible to change again.

Choose wisely, enjoy your choice.

In the forum settings there's a option to change what is displayed in your signature below every post like displaying which tracker you use. Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner next to your avatar image and choose 'settings'.

Other forum preferences can also be changed when desired.

Thank you for the prompt response (so far 🙂

Can EACH community have it's own ID? Flex for Flex... HR for HR? i.e., can I set up multilple community profiles (not that I would want to... your suggestions on signature, etc.  seem to be more dynamic and would probably be the direction I would go if and/or when I can get a "Generic" 'Community userd ID'.)

Graduated from Flex to ChargeHR
Working on changing ElkHair14Flex community ID
Best Answer

You're welcome @ElkHair14Flex

Post counts, total votes, posted messages.. stay intact. It may sometimes look odd when a user @ tagged you with your previous username previously before having your newer forum name.

It's not possible to create multiple forum profiles on the same account or combine with other accounts  (when having multiple fitbit accounts).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

How can I setup my own community? I'm a bariatric surgeon and would like to setup my own community for my weight loss patients.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dr.Marvin805 If your talking like a wellness type thing I would contact support they will be able to help you

Email Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Phone
877-623-4997

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, I will contact them. thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes