Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Ranks

ANSWERED

What does it mean to be a Jogger, Hill Runner, or 5K Racer anyway?
Your rank is an indication of your involvement in the Fitbit Community. If you continually visit the forums, your rank will change to reflect the time you've spent here. By posting and contributing to discussions, you may progress even further through the rank structure and unlock additional account priveleges. 

Your Rank title is displayed beneath your profile picture and Community name. 

ranknameEN.png

List of ranks in the Fitbit Community

First Steps
Stepping Up
Keeping Pace
Walker
Powerwalker
Distance Walker
Tireless Walker
World Walker

Jogger
Recovery Runner
Base Runner
Runner
Strider
Tempo Runner
Hill Runner
Sprinter
Progression Runner
Pace Setter
Distance Runner
Interval Runner
Cross-Country Runner
Veteran Runner
5K Racer
10K Racer
Marathon Racer
Ultramarathon Racer
VIP 

What determines my rank?

Post count is not the only factor that is included in the rank formula--that would be too simple! In addition to creating content for the Community, you get points when your answers are voted up or accepted as solutions. Voting for other helpful posts and being the first to respond to other member's questions can bring you even closer to achieving your next rank.

How can I rank up?

The easiest way to rank up is to visit often and add value where you can. The rank structure was developed to compliment the wide variety of ways you can engage with your fellow Fitbitters. As a community member, you can vote for the posts you find helpful, post new questions and then identify and approve the solution that helped you most (these are called Accepted Solutions). You can also comment on feature suggestions and start new discussions around topics of interest. It's a combination of these activities that will help you to achieve the next rank. 

Hint: Scroll to the bottom of any community board and click through to posts in the Unanswered Topics section to help new members, rack up more points, and earn yourself a place on the Most Helpful Authors leaderboard!

ranks 2.png

I skipped a rank, is this normal?
Ranking formulas are calculated using Boolean logic. Your journey through the rank system might not be as straightforward as Jogger > Recovery Runner > Base Runner. You could actually skip from Jogger all the way to Strider if the conditions were right. For example, if you started off taking your First Steps and then posted 10 times, but didn’t receive any votes on those 10 posts until 100 days later, by which time you had posted 20 more times and received 5 Accepted Solutions, you might jump ahead to becoming a Strider even though you’d have skipped a good 3 ranks in the process. 

I don't identify as a runner at all, can I opt out or customize my rank title?

Community ranks are designed as a lighthearted way to encourage engagement and offer other members a little extra insight into your participation here. They are not linked to any individual preference or setting, and it's not possible to opt-out. 

Community ranks and reputation

While ranks can give you a general understanding of how much expertise another member has and how engaged they are in the community, the best way to get to know fellow community members is by striking up a conversation with them! You can also learn more about the other members here by visiting their profile page (to view another member's profile page, click on their community username).

ranks_3.png

Let us know your favorite rank name in the comments below. If you have a suggestion for another rank title that fits with the walking/running metaphor these are based off of, shout it out!

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781

i also love sweets but am trying to stay away from them.  I have been freezing grapes, and when i want a snack its great, it also crunches..   green grapes are the best.    they also quench your thurst after a workout..

Best Answer
Great tip, I will try it. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Keep stepping no matter what, I wore mine everywhere
Best Answer

Thanks for the information. It was helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had no idea about the rankings. I saw mine yesterday and thought that maybe I picked that when I joined and "jogger" matched me so I figured it must have been me picking it. Well, today I get an email that I was moved up in ranking. Felt pretty awesome, but its good to know what it all means now. Thanks Fitbit for making my day.

Best Answer

Thanks for keeping my motivation going in the right direction.

Dawn | USA Flex Charge HR Charge Surge Blaze Versa 2 Android
Best Answer

For ranks, how about Triathalete or Ironman

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate all the feedback, everyone -- it's really great to see you all in the Community!

@Rily Thanks for the suggestions! When we expand the rank structure, we'll surely keep these in mind. Are you a triathlete?

Best Answer
Actually I?m a Triathlete?s wife/widow..LOL My husband is the athlete in the family. I?m the photographer who waits at the start and finish lines.
Best Answer
Thanks for the info....!!
Pam
Best Answer
0 Votes

H Everyone.

I definately identify with being a type of Recovery runner.   When I first became disabled, my absolute max distance to walk was to my doctor's office- 250 steps.  (Office is literally across the street).    Pain greatly worsened beyond that.

I'm doing much more now.   "Running" simply isn't an option for me, because of my spine, but I go with the tee shirt that says... "I Run!   I run as fast as a herd of turtles stampeeding through peanut butter, but I Run!".

Keep up the great work everybody.

Best Answer

Awesome attitude!  At times "running" can mean more than just moving real

@mpp wrote:

H Everyone.

I definately identify with being a type of Recovery runner.   When I first became disabled, my absolute max distance to walk was to my doctor's office- 250 steps.  (Office is literally across the street).    Pain greatly worsened beyond that.

I'm doing much more now.   "Running" simply isn't an option for me, because of my spine, but I go with the tee shirt that says... "I Run!   I run as fast as a herd of turtles stampeeding through peanut butter, but I Run!".

Keep up the great work everybody.

fast.  🙂

Best Answer
Today was my first day that I started exploring and there is so much to see and read. The explanations of rank titles do help. I have a couple of suggestions for titles: Music Walker--I love to walk to fast music, also Dance Around The House--I also love dancing/walking to music while I'm cooking, baking or other things around the house. It counts up too! It would be fun to have those titles so you could "dance" your way up in the ranks!!
Best Answer
I do the same thing, the dancing around the house. Even found latin music to be the best for walking.

Patricia Harris
peanutpati@aol.com
Best Answer
Lately I've been dancing to the 50's or the 80's. I like country too and other music with a good beat😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

im loving to be a part of the fit bit community ive had my fit bit maybe 2 months or so it is really a helpful tool to help keep me motiviatedWoman Very Happy

Best Answer
Just love these ideas. I hope Fitbit staff takes these in careful consideration.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is amazing!  It really motivates me to see the dial go way up for completed goals.  I really like the big smiley face that comes out to congratulate me when I've reached goal.  It's a fun way to stay fit, for sure.  I've had it about a month now and I am not getting tired of it.  I just spent a day at a Highland Games, walking around the grounds.  I walked about 7000 steps.  When I got home, I went upstairs to cross train to use the elliptical for 10 min. and burned 27 calories.  It is so cool that I can count that, as well.

Best Answer
Hurray for YOU! Walked all afternoon, and still made the effort to cross
train. Efforts like that pay off, especially in the long haul, which is
what we all are striving for. No more short, quicky weight loss schemes.
True, long term fitnees, and health; not skinny- FIT!. I've been going
at it now for over 9 months, and am not the least bit tired of it yet. I
vary my workouts, eat smarter, plan more, and make time for myself to feel
and be the best that I am able. Congrats!
Best Answer
0 Votes
This explains why they labeled me jogger! I was wondering. Only had my Flex for a week. Have learned a lot but I can see I still have more to learn! This device is amazing. I'm loving it!
Best Answer