Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About: Community Ranks

ANSWERED

What does it mean to be a Jogger, Hill Runner, or 5K Racer anyway?
Your rank is an indication of your involvement in the Fitbit Community. If you continually visit the forums, your rank will change to reflect the time you've spent here. By posting and contributing to discussions, you may progress even further through the rank structure and unlock additional account priveleges. 

Your Rank title is displayed beneath your profile picture and Community name. 

ranknameEN.png

List of ranks in the Fitbit Community

First Steps
Stepping Up
Keeping Pace
Walker
Powerwalker
Distance Walker
Tireless Walker
World Walker

Jogger
Recovery Runner
Base Runner
Runner
Strider
Tempo Runner
Hill Runner
Sprinter
Progression Runner
Pace Setter
Distance Runner
Interval Runner
Cross-Country Runner
Veteran Runner
5K Racer
10K Racer
Marathon Racer
Ultramarathon Racer
VIP 

What determines my rank?

Post count is not the only factor that is included in the rank formula--that would be too simple! In addition to creating content for the Community, you get points when your answers are voted up or accepted as solutions. Voting for other helpful posts and being the first to respond to other member's questions can bring you even closer to achieving your next rank.

How can I rank up?

The easiest way to rank up is to visit often and add value where you can. The rank structure was developed to compliment the wide variety of ways you can engage with your fellow Fitbitters. As a community member, you can vote for the posts you find helpful, post new questions and then identify and approve the solution that helped you most (these are called Accepted Solutions). You can also comment on feature suggestions and start new discussions around topics of interest. It's a combination of these activities that will help you to achieve the next rank. 

Hint: Scroll to the bottom of any community board and click through to posts in the Unanswered Topics section to help new members, rack up more points, and earn yourself a place on the Most Helpful Authors leaderboard!

ranks 2.png

I skipped a rank, is this normal?
Ranking formulas are calculated using Boolean logic. Your journey through the rank system might not be as straightforward as Jogger > Recovery Runner > Base Runner. You could actually skip from Jogger all the way to Strider if the conditions were right. For example, if you started off taking your First Steps and then posted 10 times, but didn’t receive any votes on those 10 posts until 100 days later, by which time you had posted 20 more times and received 5 Accepted Solutions, you might jump ahead to becoming a Strider even though you’d have skipped a good 3 ranks in the process. 

I don't identify as a runner at all, can I opt out or customize my rank title?

Community ranks are designed as a lighthearted way to encourage engagement and offer other members a little extra insight into your participation here. They are not linked to any individual preference or setting, and it's not possible to opt-out. 

Community ranks and reputation

While ranks can give you a general understanding of how much expertise another member has and how engaged they are in the community, the best way to get to know fellow community members is by striking up a conversation with them! You can also learn more about the other members here by visiting their profile page (to view another member's profile page, click on their community username).

ranks_3.png

Let us know your favorite rank name in the comments below. If you have a suggestion for another rank title that fits with the walking/running metaphor these are based off of, shout it out!

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781

What happened when you went to the Itunes store? That should work. Search for Fitbit and download the app. You don't have to do anything else except log in. The app should recognize you and your fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What do you need help with I would be glad to guide you if I can
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the ranking system is great but people's accomplishments should be another motivator for use of the Fitbit - makes people stay with it
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

As always I am grateful for the continued motivation due to involvement within Fitbit Community. The Dashboard has everyone asking for Choice and change; it is not well liked. It improved but regressed more so.

Dawn | USA Flex Charge HR Charge Surge Blaze Versa 2 Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

this is my first time here and I am still trying to figure out how it works

~Dwelia*
Best Answer
0 Votes
How fitbit works or the set up? I can tell how it works...I love it.
Everything is easy. However, I bought a new phone and now have to upgrade.
Not so easy. But, you will LOVE your fitbit. Does a LOT.
Best Answer

I would be interested to know it works. I have bascally been using to track steps 

~Dwelia*
Best Answer
I've had my Fitbit for almost three weeks and still learning.
Best Answer
0 Votes
At night time, scroll on your phone to find the sleep. Simply hit "sleep
now" and it will track your sleep patterns. It has really helped me.

And, you can put in all your food that you've eaten all day, by ounces, etc.
You can set up a stable shopping list if you don't change much and also find
the list easily. You have to play with things to make them yours. I did have
the benefit of a friend sitting by my side. However, I had to learn some
things on my own.just by playing with it. Fitbit is remarkable. I still have
mine on my wrist daily and love it. It has been about 3 months now.
Best Answer
Many thanks for the info, hope can contribute as much as read.
Best Answer
Hi dwelia,

If by How this works you mean your Fitbit device, the site has a
wealth of information. If you refer to the forums here, read, reply, be
honest about questions doubts, fera etc, and never, ever give up.

Michael
Best Answer
Hi dwelia,

I find the Fitbit website lets me make a food plan for the
day. I'm far more likely to have a successful nutrition day if I start it
with a plan, rather than sort of wing it... that works fine for me for
some things... definitely not for food. I also struggle with sleep
problems, so getting hard data on my sleep lets me plan my rest better,
knowing, not guessing about how I slept the night before.

Michael
Best Answer
Hi Iwiggy,

There is a steep learning curve the first few weeks, but it
does get much easier with practice, just like when you first started to
drive. Keep at it, and don't be afraid to ask specific questions.
Life's regrets come from the questions we failed to ask.
Michael
Best Answer
Comparing new Fitbit to learning to drive is a great analogy. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Best Answer
0 Votes

still confused on how these thread work

~Dwelia*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Makes MUCH more sense now! Thanks!

Best Answer

If you answer a question already on the board, your answer will appear under the original post - that's called a "thread". You start a new thread by clicking on "new topic" at the top of each board. Then your question won't get lost in this long list of posts, and will be its own topic.

Does that answer your question, dwelia? 

Best Answer
sorry i'm so slow at understanding this, but I don't see what you are saying when I go to post should i have click here in this box, is this correct?
~Dwelia*
Best Answer
0 Votes
First I knew about this and, ironically, my Fitbit died today. I'm in mourning.
Best Answer
0 Votes

dwelia, let's say you want to post in this "Getting Started in the Fitbit Community" board. First you go to the "discussions" page. Then click on "Getting Started in the Fitbit Community".  You'll see a big box, which is a search bar - it looks like that's where you post, but it's not. Look underneath that to where it says "new topic". Click on that. That is where you type your post. When you are done, click on the "post" button. This will start a new topic.

If you want to reply to a post, just click on the "reply" button underneaath the post, and type your response. Your reply will show up under the original post. 

Does that help? 

Best Answer