Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find reply in forums

i found possible answer but the tab says look in replies but not where replies are.

Solihull
Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi, could you explain your post any futher, please? Now I do not know what you're question/problem is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lazyboy I've moved your question about three forin to the community basics board. 

I also have no idea what  tab that your referring to.

Would it be possible to supply a screen shot?

Best Answer
It seems fitbit locks down now topics from being added to certain forums like Community basics. And they lock down topics like skin irritation from being replied to.

This confuses and turns away most new users. I just spent ten minutes in chat to learn this in the way it is suppose to work. I thought maybe they gave my login insufficient privileges.

Strike 1 and 2 against fitbit.
Best Answer

Totally agree. I responded to a post that came up in my email (from my email on the link that said "Reply to this post". It's more than a bit irritating to subsequently find that the post to which I was replying had been locked down when I received another email telling my that my reply could not be posted. This is a HUGE disincentive to respond to questions. Even if it is locked, responses by email should be added to the thread. Now I can't contribute to the topic. Not very user-focused design, I'd say.

Best Answer
One workaround is you publish your message as the same topic in another group. Typically the moderators will merge your message into the locked topic without informing you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This often happens in the feature suggestion board, but then the moderator does inform you. 

In the other boards you usually get an automatic notification that your post was moved. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thanks for posting in this thread, and welcome to our new members. I'm sorry for my delay and I'll help you out with your inquiry.

Let me explain that we periodically archive content on the Community to keep the forums organized, and for some posts are moved so you can receive more related responses about your concern. I appreciate your feedback and if you have any question, please go to the Help Forums and create a new topic to receive further assistance.

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer

I also just posted a reply, and saw I had a typo, so edited it twice and now it's rejected. When I try to post it again, it's removed because it is considered spam?

Could there be a messaged that you know not to edit your post more than once if that means it will be removed?

Is there another way for me to post the same message again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some posts i have edited too much and never has one disappeared. 

On this board, once a post has been made, then the only way to remove it is if a moderator does. 

Editing will not make a post disappear. 

Best Answer

Hi @Giggleball, it's nice to see you around the Forums. @Rich_Laue, thanks for your great help!

@Giggleball, as our friend mentioned, you can edit your posts as much as you want since they'll not disappear. To edit a post you can click the three dots at the top right part of your post, select "Edit Reply", make the changes and click on the post button.

At this moment I'm able to see just one post in this thread and just to confirm, was your reply posted in the Community Forums, or do you refer to the Feed in the Fitbit app?

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I know what they mean

under a post is vote and reply, so the only way to post is to actually reply to a post instead of posting a general reply to the whole thread if that makes sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @chrisl1628. I'm glad to see you here in the Forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for joining this thread. As mentioned above, our team periodically archives content on the Community to keep the forums organized, that's the reason why some posts are moved. However, you can start a topic depending on the board related to your inquiry. To see the complete list of our boards, please visit the Help Forums. Now, if a topic related to your inquiry was already initiated by another user, you can reply within that thread or add your vote to a post.

I'll be here if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes