Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit's Ranking is not accurate or fair

Hi Fitbit board, let me be clear: I do not help users or spend time on this Community to get a high ranking, but I notice a random and not accurate appreciation of users, which is IMO, to say the least, not fair. F.i., I see users with 5 posts, no best answers and no votes, being a Recovery Runner. Can you then please explain to me why I'm also still a Recover Runner after 82 posts, 2 best answers and 14 votes?  Eagerly waiting for an adequate response, regards kuzibri.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think you will get a detailed answer to this. In the early days of the community we asked how the ranking works but fitbit were reluctant to give details to prevent people trying to gamify the system and maximise their rank progression. The idea is that the ranks are recognition of your activity in the community, not a target to aim for.

Could it be that your rank changes are just delayed? In my last couple of rank changes I noticed that they came into effect at around midnight (San Franciso time) after I met whatever requirements were needed - they don't take effect in real time.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Without sounding disrespectful (which is not my intention) I really don't understand your obsession with this forums ranking system. I've seen you post about this on at least three separate occasions during your tenure on the boards. As @SteveH points out, the truth is no one really knows how it works.

As you've said yourself "I do not help users or spend time on this Community to get a high ranking", why not just treat the ranking system as a superficial element (its there, but it doesn't effect your ability to help users)? Perhaps it's just me, but I couldn't even tell you what my ranking is without checking (even typing now I have no idea). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi @N8teGee , the point I want to make is that if Fitbit uses a ranking system, apply it then with consistency and fainrness. You're absolutely not disresptful. Regards kuzibri 

Best Answer

The algorithm is the same for all people. 

It not only looks at the users post count and if they are the first to respond in a thread but also the amount of votes and accepted solutions. 

It might also look at how old the users account is and i noticed your account was created a week ago. 

It may need to be updated but you can read more about ranking in this thread

Best Answer

I think the range is pretty broad. Like recovery runner might be between 5 and 100... Dunno 🤷 but I want to be a legend! @Rich_Laue gimme your title! NOW!😂

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke it was easy to become a community legend. 

I had a slower year at work and posted a few extra posts and became the person who posted the most posts in the community that year and brought me up to Wendy's post count. 

The Community Legend level was created specifically for Wendy. I believe we now have 3 with this ranking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes