Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Search for Answers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using the Advanced Search feature will help you find the answers to all the product or fitness questions you may have.

GENERAL SEARCH

To search for answers across all forum boards, enter your question or related keywords in the search field at the top-right of every forum page. A list of relevant discussions will automatically populate in a dropdown menu. Click on any result to open the discussion thread. 

Screen shot 2014-09-24 at 4.30.32 PM.png

To see a larger list of results, hit "Enter" on your keyboard or click on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the search bar. A new page will open, listing all related search results. On this Advanced Search page, you can also filter these results using the categories to the left (location, author, date, etc.).

Screen shot 2014-09-24 at 4.32.07 PM.png

ADVANCED SEARCH

If you'd like to refine your search even further, click Advanced Search at the top of the page. You can then filter your results to include criteria such as exact key word phrases. 

BOARD-SPECIFIC SEARCH

You can search within a specific forum board (e.g., Feature Requests, Android, One), from the board itself. Using a board-specific search bar will refine your results to include related questions and answers within that board only. This is a great way to narrow results by your favorite product or topic. 

Screen shot 2014-09-24 at 4.50.32 PM.png

Discussions that are most relevant to your keywords or question will populate in a dropdown list. Click on one of these questions or hit "Enter". Once you hit Enter, a larger list of search results will open. From there, you'll be able to further refine your search using filters or Advanced Search. 

What if I can’t find the answer I’m looking for? 

Ask the Community by posting a new topic! Chances are high that other Fitbitters have similar questions, answers, or insight. For more on how to post a new topic, check out How to: Ask a Question of the Community.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

i ust set up my fitbit and i want to go on a 2 mile run but i dont know how to measure that out, i thought that was what hte fitbit was for but i dont know how to work it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the Premium for a year along with the Health-o-meter Lose It package and want to make sure all of my devices can access the data - iphone, ipad, macAir, and Imac.   I am doing something wrong because they are not registering.   I would appreciate any help!  Thanks.

Best Answer
Hi cb22, have you searched within the related topics in the forum and found a solution for your trouble? Cheers
Best Answer
Hi Dianne44, have you searched within the related topics in the forum and found a solution for your trouble? Cheers
Best Answer

@cb22

@cb22 wrote:

i ust set up my fitbit and i want to go on a 2 mile run but i dont know how to measure that out, i thought that was what hte fitbit was for but i dont know how to work it 😞

When walking / running, your buddy picks up your steps automatically.

Logging Activities

Website

A activity can be logged when desired on the activities page or in the fitbit app (phone):

URL: Click here to go to the Activities Page

Depending on the tracker, optionally it's possible to use 'exercise mode' on the tracker to track your activity, which will be sync'ed to the account when sync'ing.

Feel free to check out the Fitbit Article: URL: How do I log or record exercise automatically?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm tyring to figure out why my dashboard or profile isn't showing my 3 activity groups I am apart of. I've checked the forums for answers but no help there. Can anyone tell me why they aren't showing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nowhere have I seen instructions on synching. I have a Zip and see a nessage "Last synch on July 6" 

NG0456

@FitbitCommunity wrote:

Using Community Search will help you find the answers to all the product or fitness questions you may have!

How do I search for answers? 

GENERAL SEARCH

To search for answers across all forum boards, enter your question or related keywords in the search field at the top-right of every forum page. A list of relevant discussions will automatically populate in a dropdown menu. Click on any result to open the discussion thread. 

Screen shot 2014-09-24 at 4.30.32 PM.png

To see a larger list of results, hit "Enter" or click on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the search bar. A new page will open, listing all related search results. On this Advanced Search page, you can also filter these results using the categories to the left (location, author, date, etc.).

Screen shot 2014-09-24 at 4.32.07 PM.png

ADVANCED SEARCH

If you'd like to refine your search even further, click Advanced Search at the top of the page. You can then filter your results to include criteria such as exact key word phrases. 

BOARD-SPECIFIC SEARCH

You can search within a specific forum board (e.g., Feature Requests, Android, One), from the board itself. Using a board-specific search bar will refine your results to include related questions and answers within that board only. This is a great way to narrow results by your favorite product or topic. 

Screen shot 2014-09-24 at 4.50.32 PM.png

Discussions that are most relevant to your keywords or question will populate in a dropdown list. Click on one of these questions or hit "Enter". Once you hit enter, a larger list of search results will open. From there, you'll be able to further refine your search using filters or Advanced Search. 

What if I can’t find the answer I’m looking for? 

Ask the Community by posting a new topic! Chances are other Fitbitters have similar questions, answers, or insight. For more on how to post a new topic, check out How to: Ask a Question of the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't seem to post a new topic to the " Getting started..." page.  I can see the "new Topic " button but it is unclickable (faded and not active)

Best Answer

@goddess1903 That's a bit interesting, thanks for bringing this up. Have you tried a different browser, or searching for your question in the search bar?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I turn off the fuzzy search?  I'm trying to search for a specific word, but it's constantly bringing up words OTHER than the one I'm searching for, giving me results that could not be less relevant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sheepie Hey there!

You may try selecting the actual word (as opposed to our suggestion) underneath the search bar.

Screenshot 2015-12-22 08.26.04.png

Hope this helps!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

@Sheepie Hey there!

You may try selecting the actual word (as opposed to our suggestion) underneath the search bar.

I would do that if the word I was actually searching for showed up underneath the search bar. 😞

Best Answer

How do I reset the calorie/food intake page I did not set any numbers and it is at 2500 cvalories and that is not what i want it at any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using the Fitbit Charge HR model. It has two,problems that I am aware of. First of all, it does not seem to hold the charge very well. I will charge it on my computer and then when I sync it it with my iPad is shows that no charge has taken place even though the little battery icon on the back of the Fotbit HR shows the battery as full, I have to charge it for up to three hours before I get a full reading on my iPad. WhenImplug it back into my computer I will snow this battery almost empty again even though I just took it off with a full charge indicated. It it charged or not?
Best Answer

Hello, Can someone help guide me in syncing my husband's fitbit to the same PC using windows 8. I had no problem setting my flex up.  I can't seem to sync or pair his to the PC. He has his own account but under settings, there is no tab that identifies his Flex (Flex 101, etc).  It's very frustrating.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Motorola Android and the Blaze phone app seems to work fine except the  Driving mode.  Driving mode keeps activating even when I am stationary or  sleeping, blocking incoming texts.  Friends and family are getting frustrated trying to reach me. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello my fitbit friends why my fitbit charge hr purple is not working at this time yes this is a new fitbit charge hr it's 2 one. Why is saying tracking my device.
I been changing my fitbit charge hr everyday
Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer

This is a very helpful article. Thanks for writing this.

Best Answer

There's no applicable place to post (comments, feedback, maybe that's as designed), can't start a topic as it's grayed out (also maybe as designed). Have been using Fitbit for years now and with the changes to sleep tracking, I'm just done. I can't believe they changed the sleep tracking so drastically and so BADLY. If you click on one of the sleep logs there's no way to go back or forward through the days, so you can't take a look at the "Awake, Restless, Asleep" stats from day to day. There's no clear way to get back to the main list. Editing is just stupid. There's a button that says "Edit Sleep" and there's no confirmation that anything happened until you go back to list page to see if it changed. If you have multiple sleeps on the same day they are no longer added together. If you manually add a sleep note the "Awake, Restless, Asleep" stats are no longer added/updated.

They killed logging of Blood Pressure, Custom Trackers, Body Measurements, Heart Rate, Journal, Glucose, then basically gave users 2 weeks to export their data (which I MISSED because I didn't SEE the email until it was too late). They're completely ignoring all the complaints about the terrible changes to sleep tracking. They seem to be heading towards being a simple step tracker because the main tracking I was using it for is gone, going or bad. I'm done here. Time to change trackers.

Best Answer