Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Tag or @Mention Another Community Member

Ever wanted to invite a certain user to join a discussion, provide a helpful answer to a poster, or thank another member for their insight into an issue? Using @Mentions is the best way to call out specific Community members.

How do I use an @Mention? 

When writing a post or private message, type the “@” symbol followed by a member's Community username. As you type, a dropdown menu will appear with matching names. You can either continue typing the name or click on the user you'd like to mention from the list. Once you've submitted your post, an email notification will be sent to the mentioned user. 

@Mention.png

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

This is a related question that I can't seem to figure out.  How do I highlight (and copy) part of someone elses previous post in my current post?  That is, incorporate part of their post, with their name, date , etc to get back onto that topic?

Best Answer

@rightdx  Use the quote

@rightdx wrote:

This is a related question that I can't seem to figure out.  How do I highlight (and copy) part of someone elses previous post in my current post?  That is, incorporate part of their post, with their name, date , etc to get back onto that topic?

QUOTE.png

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

@rightdx  Use the quote

@rightdx wrote:

QUOTE.png

OK, that was easy, like "push the easy button".  Thanks.  But that brought up the post directly above this one.  Is there a way to go back several posts?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

It's very convenient to use. Heart Smiley Happy

I am going to take at guess here @rightdx... perhaps you "REPLY" to that person's comment then press quote.  Does this look right? I've used @SunsetRunner for an example 🙂

Best Answer

rightdx wrote:

WendyB wrote:

@rightdx  Use the quote

rightdx wrote:

QUOTE.png

OK, that was easy, like "push the easy button".  Thanks.  But that brought up the post directly above this one.  Is there a way to go back several posts?

@CountingDawn, Yes, thanks, that does the trick. 

@SunsetRunner Yes, this is very convenient

I

Best Answer

@rightdx 

@CountingDawn Is correct reply to that post so you can quote from that post

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Is there a way to quote from my phone? I am not often on my computer and have not been able to see how to do it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcrmama wrote:
Is there a way to quote from my phone? I am not often on my computer and have not been able to see how to do it.

Sure there is @mcrmama scroll to the bottom of the page? You will see "Mobile | Full" tap on full and you will have a full(almost) desktop expeeiance. 

You may also go to your browsers menu and click Request desktop sight. 

Notice I did this from my phones browser. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I tag mention multiple. People? I use the @ and the name turns bold but if I try it for multiple names, the previous one isn't in bold anymore. Do they still get the notif? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to add a separate "@" for each tag. 

Ie @DvL92, @FitbitCommunity, @Rich_Laue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay so I am using the desktop app on my windows 10 laptop and when I type @username I don't get the little popup so I can't select a username? So does it still tag them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitbitCommunity How do you tag a group. I created a croup and short of going to the group page and sharing it, I'm unable to mention the group on a post using @ or # (on mobile app) if i copy the groups URL from the website can I use that in the mobile app instead of a tag isn't an option?

Best Answer
0 Votes