Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to vote for a Feature Suggestion post

Hi

I would like to vote for a number of feature suggestions but am unable to do so. 

When I move my cursor over the thumbs up it says "You cannot vote for this post".

Any idea why?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Can you provide a link of an example?

The only two reasons I can think of are:

• you cannot vote for one of your suggestions
  • Fitbit have closed the suggestion to further votes (in which case they normally explain why in the comments)
Best Answer

I have the same problem. I cannot vote on any topic 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

Here is one of the suggestions that I wanted to vote for.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Check-my-Sp02-pulse-ox-at-anytime-on-supported-F...

It doesn't seem to be closed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might be also you are not logged in?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I'm afraid this has me stumped.

I am able to vote / unvote with no problem so it suggests that the problem is with your account.

I checked that you had not previously voted for it (and if you had then voting again should just have removed the vote).

It's not an issue with your account being new as you registered months ago.

I've searched for other posts from people with this problem without success.

I assume you are logged in when trying (you should see your profile image at the top right of the page and not a login option).

Are you able to try a different browser / device to try to narrow it down?

Sorry I'm not being of much help. Hopefully someone will chip in with some thoughts. You could also try customer support via contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Hi Steve & Guy_

Definitely logged in. Tried another browser but still says I can't vote for the post.

Thanks for all you suggestions.

I'll give Support a try. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also unable to vote up any suggestion or any post. Did you learn anything from Support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, what's the deal with that?

All users with this problem seem to be new users so I am thinking it is probably caused by some grace period to try stopping bot-account votes or something and that I'll be able to vote eventually?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't vote either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

They have suggested clearing my browser cache. Haven't tried this as yet but I am not confident that this will work as I have tried another browser (Firefox) which did not work. 

Will let you know how I get on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still can't vote in any feature suggestion or forum post. Tried in both mobile and desktop across three different browsers: it is not a cookies/cache/local issue. Have not been able to find any relevant option in my account settings, and there is no feedback about why I can't vote, so I have to assume this is a bug on FitBit's community system

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members. @SteveH and @Guy_, thanks for stopping by to help our members.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting. As mentioned before, usually a vote cannot be added when a member isn't logged into a Fitbit account or if the suggestion has been marked as released or existing. However, it's odd that you continue having this issue in the Feature Suggestions board. So I can investigate on my end, please provide me with the following details:

• Name or link of the feature suggestion you're unable to vote for.
  • Name of the browser that you're using (Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer).
  • Are you doing this on a phone, tablet or computer?
  • Take a screenshot of the message displayed and attach it to your reply.

By the way, I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer

• Name or link of the feature suggestion you're unable to vote for
  • Name of the browser that you're using (Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer).
  • Are you doing this on a phone, tablet or computer?
  • Take a screenshot of the message displayed and attach it to your reply.
  1. It happens in any and all feature suggestions and forum posts. I want to vote this feature suggestion, but any other feature suggestion has the same problem
  2. I tried in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Same problem in all of them
  3. I tried in my mobile and in my desktop computer. Same issue
  4. This is funny but the forum "Pictures" feature also does not work for me (like for many users in the thread you linked, the only thing I see is an "Insert/Edit image" button that when clicked only presents a dialog with very basic options like "Source"). Anyway, I hosted a screenshot in imgur and used that Insert/Edit button. This is what I see when hovering the mouse over the vote button in any feature suggestion or forum post:
    Can't vote
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I can place a comment but don't seem to be having the ability to vote on features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this issue.  The same tooltip pops up for anything I try to vote for.  I can't even vote for the replies / comments on this page, let alone for feature suggestions.

I have tried multiple browsers etc.

I tried adding a screenshot of the tooltip appearing when trying to vote for one of these comments, but apparently I don't have permission to upload images...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Can't vote for features either  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Casting-Premium-workout-on-TV-screen/idi-p/42297....

I tried in Chrome, internet explorer and edge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue should now be resolved, and voting can be resumed.

Best Answer