Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Block

ANSWERED

Could someone please point me to the help section that deals with changes to the canned signature block?  I upgraded from a CHR to a Charge 2 (and what a beautiful piece of machinery it is !), thus necessitating a change to my signature block which doesn't recognize that change without correction on my part.

Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @garybartlett

There is no canned signature block unless you're a Moderator or a Community Council Member.

I've seen people who add a signature at the bottom of their posts, which I think would be a copy and paste.

Glad you're loving the Charge2!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @garybartlett

There is no canned signature block unless you're a Moderator or a Community Council Member.

I've seen people who add a signature at the bottom of their posts, which I think would be a copy and paste.

Glad you're loving the Charge2!

Best Answer

@Odyssey13  OK, tnx.  I'm a former CC member so I'll go to them to sort it out. 

And yes, the Charge 2 is a significant improvement over the CHR!

[Edit -- don't know what happened to the address on this e-mail.  Clearly it belongs to you.]

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer

@Odyssey13  OK.  Well you may bump into Callie or Allison:  I wrote them a note requesting the correction too.  Looks like I will get lots of attention 🙂

Thanks for your support.  Fitbit at its best.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer

@garybartlett I hope you're doing well! Not sure if I understood correctly but you shouldn't have any restrictions (just the ones outlined in the Community Guidelines) about changing your signature. Feel free to follow these steps to add your new Charge 2 to your signature the way you want.

If this wasn't what you were actually asking then please let me know!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit  I would be just as happy (happier) if you removed my signature block entirely.  Someone has changed it and made it worse.  

For all the postings I do, I can just manually type in my details.

Gary

[Edit.  See what it now reads below?  Makes no sense]

Gary B | Canada
CHARGE 2 daily

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer

@garybartlett It is really odd that you can't change your signature. Did you check the steps on the link in my previous post? I will gladly help in any case but I sent you a PM asking for more information. 

Looking forward to your reply.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi Alvaro:

The easiest solution to my problem is simply to remove my signature block altogether rather than waste any more time and effort on something that I only use maybe once per month.  Or the way you have it now:  ``Gary B Canada Charge 2`` is perfectly adequate.

For whatever reason I cannot find the gear icon you mention in your instructions and therefore cannot change my signature block myself.

I am running Win 10 and the dashboard on a laptop. I am also very sick and I`m trying to get this signature block issue behind me.

Plse confirm receipt of this e-mail.

Cheers,
Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer

@garybartlett If you want to change it just go to your browser (I suggest you try Chrome or Firefox) go to the community and click on your picture on the top right corner, there you will see the settings option, on the new page you can click on Personal and on the submenu click Personal Information to edit your signature. 

Regarding the options you said that the current signature is ok so should I leave it or just delete it? Just select one option and it shall be done. Robot LOL

In no time this will be fixed for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit  Leave it the way you have it now:  "Gary B  Canada Charge 2" and I think everyone will be happy 🙂

Thanks, Alvaro.

[Edit:  And I found the gear icon under my picture!]

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer

@garybartlett Glad I could help and happy you found the gear icon so you can make any changes you want whenever you want.

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer

@garybartlett Also note that the forum layout has changed slightly - you can now click your profile image at the top-right to bring out a menu that includes the "Settings" option.

Alternately, you can click here to go straight to your Signature settings.

Best Answer
Yes, I discovered the little gold mine behind my picture. That's the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week 🙂

Cheers
Gary
Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@garybartlett  please feel better soon. It's miserable to be sick when spring is just getting started!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Signature field is missing on my Personal page. I've been trying to add a signature myself.

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
0 Votes