Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn off reply notifications.

I know it's not possible and has been an issue for years, but it will be 2020 in a few days and it blows my mind that we are not able to turn off push notifications for replies. Why bother creating a community if you don't want people to use it? 

I wont be commenting on the commumity boarda anymore, which is dissapointing because I have been looking for a place to support others and be supported. Other apps like my fitness pal have this option. Perhaps I should go back to using it. 

Lastly fitbit should also be able to group notifications by now. If i'm getting 20 notification replies from one post I only need one notification for that, not 20 individual ones... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Fitbutt84 for individual threads tap on the bold option. This will pop up a list of commands. One of which will be subscribe or unsubscribe to the thread. Choose unsubscribe and no more emails from the selected thread. 

Any time a post is added to the thread. Subscribers get an email. A user who has posted can unsubscribe at any time. 

Screenshot_20191230-090316_Chrome.jpg

I suggest tapping on your photo in the top right, this opens a slide out menu with one of the options being settings. 

Tap this settings and you will be sent to your community preferance. 

Choose 

Screenshot_20191230-091013_Chrome.jpg

From here you can easily unsubscribe from any or every thread that you have posted in. 

Or Choose 

Screenshot_20191230-091638_Chrome.jpg

To set a few more default options. Like turn off auto subscribe and you will get no responses unless you choose to subscribe. 

A user tagging you, as I have done above, will still send an email. 

I do agree that it would be nice to have the option of one email a day. It is a slow day and at 9am I already have 26 emails from the community. 

Happy Holidays

Since this question, having nothing to do with the Fitbit app, is more about Community Basics  and the Web based community I'm moving the thread to the Community Basic Board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm talking about in the App, sorry if that was not clear. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Fitbutt84 but I saw no mention of app and I found the post in the hardware support board, not an app board. 

I wonder why I'm not getting those notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes