Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can get Heart Rate data after setting a Family Account up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had a premium account on my charge 5 for a while now.  I just added my kids to the account with ace 3.  When I did that, my account stopped showing hrv, sleep data, etc.

Will this data still be available for me and the kids on each device?

Been digging through sub-menus, and found the sleep data.  Still haven’t seen where I have hrv data though.

I'm guessing on what happened…. The Ace 3 doesn’t have an HR sensor.  So, when I activated these devices on the kid accounts, display of all data that feeds from the HR sensor, was visually deactivated.

If this is correct, then it is truly disappointing.  Can anyone confirm?  Is there any chance of resolving this, as I see it as a software problem?

Would I have any issues linking the kids to charge 5 devices, instead of the ace?

would this restore full access to the data I’m used to?

Moderator Edit: Merged replies and clarified subject 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JasonW-1990, thanks for the screen shot you provided, really appreciated. 

I was trying to figure this out and what I can think is that your Charged 5 maybe got disconnected from your account in the Parent View. With this in mind, I'll suggest to do the set up for your Fitbit Charge 5 from the Parents View of your Fitbit app. By doing this, your Fitbit app will start showing all the information again. 

If you need help to do so, please take a look at this help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @JasonW-1990, it is nice to see you again in the community. 

Thanks for sharing all that details on your post, it is truly appreciated since it is a great help for us. 

Your thoughts are correct, the Fitbit Ace family doesn't have a HR sensor and once you switch to a family account you will get the metrics your Ace can track. To

To return to your Fitbit account:

1. Tap the Today tab, then your profile picture. 
  2. Tap Switch to Parent View, and confirm.
  3. When prompted, enter your password.

This would take you back to your regular account with all the metrics for your Charge 5. You can learn more about the Family Accounts by clinking here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @EstuardoFitbit 

For clarification, I understand why the ace accounts would not show HR data.  However, even on MY device, linked to a charge 5, I cannot seem to find HR data.  This is on the ‘parent’ view of the family account.

It doesn’t make sense to me that the charge 5 data would become inaccessible, due to adding Ace 3 child accounts.  

Best Answer

@JasonW-1990 Your very welcome. 

It is actually really strange for this to happen. What I can think of as the reason for this inconvenience is that you may have removed the title for your heart rate data from the Today tab. Just to make sure that everything is correct, press the Edit button on the right side of your screen in the Fitbit app. 

It looks like this: 

EstuardoFitbit_0-1690396848118.png

Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and look for the Heart Rate icon and press to add.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, strange indeed.  That was the first thing I tried.  The HR and sleep options no longer appear in that list.

IMG_6599.png

Best Answer

Anyone have any suggestions here?

seems like a silly software issue, but maybe it’s a limitation that was intentionally designed in?

I cannot find my sleep data, or hrv data

Best Answer

Hi @JasonW-1990, thanks for the screen shot you provided, really appreciated. 

I was trying to figure this out and what I can think is that your Charged 5 maybe got disconnected from your account in the Parent View. With this in mind, I'll suggest to do the set up for your Fitbit Charge 5 from the Parents View of your Fitbit app. By doing this, your Fitbit app will start showing all the information again. 

If you need help to do so, please take a look at this help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did it.  Simply had to reconnect the charge 5 to my device…

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is amazing @JasonW-1990. I'm really happy to hear you got it resolved. Please keep sharing with us your experience with your Charge 5. We will be here for any other question or concern. 

Best Answer
0 Votes