Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between free and Premium sleep information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The first year when I had my Fitbit I didn’t have to pay for the sleep analysis and now I have to? Pretty crazy how they just start charging for things we had access to before

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Jhud23 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Weekly sleep average is still available to everyone. To view it, tap the sleep tile in the app, swipe left on the graphs at the top until you see “Hours in Sleep Stages,” then tap the graph to see your weekly averages.

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Check the graph below to see what's included on the Premium subscription and the information that's free in the app: 

Premium subscription Free in the Fitbit app
Sleep schedule
Quality: Deep & REM sleep stages
Analysis of sleep stages
Duration: Time asleep and awake
Analysis of sleep duration  
Restoration: Sleeping heart rate & restlessness  
Analysis of sleeping heart rate & restlessness  

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Without premium will I receive a daily sleep score? Also, will I see when I went to sleep and woke up?

Best Answer

I was wondering the same thing. Is this table still accurate? 

Best Answer

Did you speak to someone and get an answer for this? I have the exact same question

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit My free trial finishes tomorrow. 

How do I purchase a yearly subscription?

Have you a link?

Best Answer

I had an Ionic and **ahem** was great. it detected awake, light, moving & deep sleep and also measured my O2 levels in a very scientific way. Now the format is very childish and that IS with Premium. 

Premium doesn't even read O2 or heart rate like it said it would.

I think I will just return my verse, I have been very unhappy with it. I wanted to stay with Fitbit because of the great feedback I had with the Ionic. Its like they have gone backwards rather than advancing.

Best Answer

I feel like its a bit pricey....if they did it for $5 a month i would definitely use it. I have sleep ap so would of been good accessing this feature but i have a 7 month old so i cant afford it 

Best Answer

Can I still get sleep tile on my charge 2?

Best Answer

Yes, you will able to see your score.

Best Answer

I’ve had a Fitbit, different versions, for years. I love to be able to track my sleep since I have a sleep disorder. But I woke up one day recently and the sleep tile was gone. Poof! As well as my pulse rate. So so disappointing. I’m currently updating my Versa 3 but it hasn’t budged in 30 minutes. Geez. How disappointing. I have loved my Versa, but won’t buy a new one after this one dies. 

Best Answer

Dear Silvia,

I am aware this is a post from 2020, however, I am focused on improving my sleeping quality and I would like to know the best way to personalize my sleep sensitivity settings. Which is the difference between normal and sensitive and how will that impact my sleep analysis? 

Thank you.

Best Answer

@Paula_ar   That sleep sensitivity setting is for older model devices that don't track heart rate and only give sleep patterns.  Help article  Fitbit has two Guided Programs that might help you improve your sleep.  One is Habits for Restful Sleep and and the other is Get More Sleep.  Tap on your Discover icon on the bottom of your mobile app, swipe up to Guided Programs.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

To be clear - if I let my premium lapse, I will lose the daily review of how I slept last night, and instead will be able to view a weekly aggregate of this data?

This seems to happen when it’s time to buy a new Fitbit according to Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Merge replies 

Best Answer