Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about cancelling Fitbit Premium

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to complain publicly about the Fitbit Premium subscription plan. I have tried on several occasions to unsubscribe both via the Fitbit application and logging in to the Fitbit website and neither of these has worked (for reasons unknown to me) and I am getting rather frustrated by this. I have already read the other threads related to the topic and understand that in theory at least I should be able to unsubscribe on the Fitbit website but logging into my account and then clicking on the Account button just gives me a spinny wheel of doom. I am very unsatisfied with this situation and would like some help resolving this situation. Kind regards, Anthony 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I have had the same problem and there is a similar thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Premium/Can-t-cancel-Fitbit-Premium/m-p/4183242/highlight/tru.... When I go to My Account on the Fitbit website, it says my subscription is active and it looks like the "Active" in green is a link (perhaps it should be) but it isn't!  I tried contacting Fitbit Support but they said they were unable to cancel the subscription because it was purchased through the Google Play Store but it wasn't!  It isn't in my list of current active Google Play subscriptions or even in my purchase history.  I activated the free trial through the Fitibit.com website.  I then had a payment of £7.99 taken via PayPal on 3 September (when the free trial ended) from "Google Inc" (Google of course now owns Fitbit) for "Fitbit Premium Subscription" and it turned out an automatic payment had been set up but I had no way of knowing this and I was not warned of the upcoming payment.  I cancelled the automatic payment via PayPal, so they should not be able to take any more payments, but Fitbit Support are still refusing to refund me the £7.99 they took because they insist it was taken by Google Play and they can't do anything 😡  I have now filed a complaint via PayPal. 

I would recommend checking if you have any automatic payments to Google Inc in your PayPal > Wallet > (scroll right to the bottom of the page) > Automatic Payments (under 'Preferences') and cancel it.  If you are charged, file a complaint via PayPal.  

Best Answer
0 Votes