Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium Guide

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! 

I am very excited to announce the official release of Fitbit Premium, now available for purchase in select regions. This post will address some of the top questions we’ve seen for Fitbit Premium. For further details, check the information provided on our product page, our blog post, and help article. Fitbit Premium is available in the Fitbit app on Android and iOS.

Q: What is Fitbit Premium?

A: Fitbit Premium is a paid membership in the Fitbit app that leverages your unique data to deliver personalized, actionable guidance and coaching to help you reach your health and fitness goals. It was created leveraging insights from 10+ years of Fitbit data and academic and medical expertise to help you move more, sleep better and eat well with customized programs, advanced sleep tools, personal insights, hundreds of workouts, new challenges, and more – all in one place and made just for you. 

Q: Who is Fitbit Premium for?

A: The Premium membership is for the everyday consumer who is looking for extra support and motivation to begin to make healthy changes to improve their overall health and fitness. It’s perfect for those who are committed to taking action, but may not know where to start.

Q: Have any previously existing Fitbit features moved behind a Premium paywall?

A: No. All the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features.

Q: Do I need to pay a recurring fee to use my Fitbit device?

A: No. Your Fitbit device will remain fully operational without a subscription to Fitbit Premium.

Q: Will current Coach users be required to pay more for access to Premium?

A: No. Current Fitbit Coach subscribers will automatically get access to Fitbit Premium features as soon as Premium is available in their country or language. Their subscription price will remain the same as it is today, and for as long as they choose to keep their subscription active.

Q: Has weekly sleep average been replaced by sleep score, or moved to Premium?

A: No, weekly sleep average is still available to everyone. To view it, tap the sleep tile in the app, swipe left on the graphs at the top until you see “Hours in Sleep Stages,” then tap the graph to see your weekly averages.

All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

Q: What exactly do I get with Fitbit Premium, versus the free features? 

A: All Fitbit users will continue to enjoy the free features in the Fitbit app available today, such as daily and weekly trends for your activity, exercise, heart rate, and sleep, hourly activity, female health tracking, educational insights, the Fitbit community, and logging food, water, and weight.  

In addition to this, Fitbit Premium adds: 

• Guided Programs, which leverage expertise from the Fitbit Advisory Panel and internal experts to take you step-by-step through building healthy habits based on your own goals, fitness level, schedule, preferences, and unique stats.
  • Personalized Insights, which surface trends in your unique Fitbit stats to indicate when you’re on the right track with healthy behaviors and give you a gentle nudge when there’s an opportunity to improve. 
  • Advanced Sleep Features, which provide personalized sleep insights and a more thorough analysis of your stats with a comprehensive Sleep Score breakdown.
  • Dynamic Workouts, which give you access to thousands of workouts from certified personal trainers that will help you become stronger on your journey to optimal fitness. (Currently accessed with the Fitbit Coach app - but over time, workouts will become available directly in the Fitbit app.)
  • Games and Challenges, which will include adaptive, collaborative, and customizable challenges and games to be played with any family or friends you’re connected to on Fitbit, helping you all to stay motivated.

You can find more details on these Premium features in this blog post.

Q: How do I cancel my Fitbit Premium subscription? 

A: Please follow the directions detailed in this help article.

Q: I received a gift card for Fitbit Premium from Best Buy, how do I redeem it? 

A: Redeem your gift certificate and find all FAQs here

If you have additional questions about Fitbit Premium, or just have some feedback you want to provide, let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear what you think.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
256 REPLIES 256

Thank you. Did you uninstall And re -install both the fitbit app and the fitbit coach app

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only did the fitbit app. I honestly didn't even think about the
fitbit coach app.

--
Kaitlin M Hirst
UTPB Business Management Graduate 2020
Delta Zeta Alumna
Best Answer

I'm glad that you got it to work. I haven't downloaded the Premium. But there are Calm and Mindfulness apps installed where the Premium is that are unlocked and you can use for free.

Best Answer
0 Votes

unfortunately I still cannot access the premium features

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have it but you can access i in the Fitbit app under The bottom where it says Discover. Some parts of Premium are free as meditating things and some others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ThomasKB A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried. 

Fitbit Premium is available worldwide in English only. Since you're a Coach user, you should have access to Premium features too. Please confirm that your Fitbit app is set to English and that your selected region in the app is set to a country that has English as the main language. 

@KatieMaety Thanks for sharing the steps that helped you getting Premium features unlocked. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit

I have had English as language al along as I live in Denmark which language is not supported. I just changed my country to United Kingdom instead of Denmark in the fitbit app though but this seems to have made no difference, unfortunately
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ThomasKB Thanks for getting back.

I appreciate that you changed your country in the app but Fitbit Premium is still locked. I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations, we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please DO NOT sign up for a free trial for the Premium unless you want to pay. After being offered a 90 day free trial, I decided to try it. My new Fitbit was purchased as a gift from my daughter. My free period went until Aug 20. Imagine my surprise when my daughter wanted to know why her credit card was charged on Aug 1. I cancelled immediately and got NO help about reversing the charge. Well, it is now Sept. 1 and my daughter was charged again. It is very clear on my end the Premuim service was canceled. It is right there in the subscriptions as Cancelled with an invitation to re-join. But I guess Fitbit needs our money. Love the fitbit, but don't try the Premium. I will continue to post this story on every social media site I can think of.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TreadmillDesk A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had with Fitbit Premium. I've shared your post with our Support team and updated your case details, they'll be happy to investigate this and assist you further. 

As a side note, please make sure that your daughter has followed this procedure to cancel the Fitbit Premium subscription. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This whole process is EXTREMELY frustrating. Yes, the trial period was cancel, back in early August. I even called to verify with a Fitbit customer service rep. It is canceled. Please stop asking me to cancel it. They confirmed. I asked for a refund or reversal of charge for the charge that occurred on Aug 1 (My daughter's credit card was charged. The Fitbit was a monther's day gift. I am the owner of the Fitbit and I said yes, like an idiot, to the "FREE" 90-day trial.)

Now it is Sept. and there is ANOTHER charge for the Premium service which was canceled weeks ago. I have been dealing with Sara who has asked me for the Google Play receipt for the purchase. There is no receipt. There was no purchase. All that is in my Google Play transaction was the May 23 start for which 0 was charged. Please give my daughter a refund and make this stop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TreadmillDesk Thank you for getting back. I appreciate that you mentioned our Support team has contacted you. Since our team has access to your case details please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to sort this out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning. I want to start premium again,but I cant use paypal. I have tried on the fitbit app but it wont let me pay through paypal.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

If you're trying to activate Fitbit Premium from the Fitbit app, the only way to subscribe will be by using Apple store or Google Play. If you're in US, UK or Canada, you could purchase your subscription from Fitbit.com/store with a valid payment method. However, it's not possible to use PayPal as a payment method. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Silvia for the reply and the info. I'll get it set up in the morning. Thank you again.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for letting me know that you were able to set up your Fitbit Premium membership. 

You may want to check this article to learn more about Fitbit Premium and all the features that have been unlocked for you. 

Have a good weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Matt, 

Can you please tell me how I migrate to Fitbit Premium from my existing subscription to Fitbit Coach?

I have a Fitibit Coach subscription and also Fitbit Account for my Fitbit Charge. I checked both my Fitbit app and Coach app and I do not see how I can merge it to Fitbit Premium. I assume if I was able to use Fitbit Coach in Europe, I will be able to do the same with Fitbit Premium, but all what my Fitbit app is offering now is purchasing a free trial of Fitbit Premium, no word about the possible merge or when that would be available. 

Thanks, Hana

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HanaHunt Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'll be happy to clarify your inquiry. 

In order to provide you with the correct troubleshooting and answer, please reply to the following questions: 

- When did you purchase your Fitbit Coach subscription?

- Is your Fitbit app in English?

If you're already a current Fitbit Coach subscriber, you'll have access to Fitbit Premium features, there's no need to merge your subscriptions. Keep in mind that Fitbit Premium is available worldwide in English only.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia, I have a Fitbit Coach from April 2020. In fact, the subscription was a gift from my husband and I remember it was slightly more difficult to make it work because of it. My Fitbit Coach is in English, my Fitbit App is in Czech, because I recently bought a new Charge 4 and it changed the setting. I do not see anything in the Fitbit Coach app that would enable me to upgrade the Fitbit Coach to Fitbit Premium. I am happy to continue to have Fitbit Premium in English, instead of Fitbit Coach. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HanaHunt Thank you for getting back. I appreciate that you mentioned you're a Fitbit Coach user since April. 

In order to access Fitbit Premium features on your Fitbit app, it needs to be in English, please change it by doing the following but keep in mind that it will change the language on your Charge 4 too. 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings > Country.
  3. Turn off the option to automatically detect your country.
  4. Choose your country, then sync your device.
  5. Follow the instructions to update your device to use the language you selected.

As mentioned previously, your Premium features should appear on your app when it's switch to English. 

Best Answer
0 Votes