Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Marathon Training Program?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Used my Ionic to train for a half marathon (actually the Marine Corps 17.75K, 11 miles) now I need to use it for the full MCM 26.2 in October.

Is there a Marathon Training Program in the Coach subscription? Ideally, I want something that will outline the weekly routine I need to train between May and October.

In the past I'd have to add meeting appointments in my own calendar to tell me when to run and how far I should go that day.

Hoping that all this is included with Fitbit Coach?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @evillama! At the moment, Fitbit Coach doesn't have any personalized programs specially geared towards Marathon. However, you can try using the Outdoor Runs workouts such as "Go The Distance". (check the options that you can choose from your Coach app in the screenshot below) 

Coachoutdoor.png

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

It's great to see you around @evillama! At the moment, Fitbit Coach doesn't have any personalized programs specially geared towards Marathon. However, you can try using the Outdoor Runs workouts such as "Go The Distance". (check the options that you can choose from your Coach app in the screenshot below) 

Coachoutdoor.png

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK thanks. Appreciate the candid answer although not what I was hoping for from such a "fitness" designed device that I'd suspect more people are using for running than most other types of activities.
Best Answer

Hi,

I’m also planning to run the half marathon in Chicago and I’m missing a training program in the app

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @CarlosBremer. Good luck in your half marathon in Chicago. 😀

As mentioned above, you can try using the Outdoor runs that are in Fitbit Coach. If  you would like to see a training program, you can vote for this idea. Those are reviewed by our team and the status change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!
Did you find a good app for marathon training. I’m in pretty much the same situation as you and not sure which app to choose. Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

I hear you. 
I took for granted I was going to be able to follow a program to prepare me for a 10K (days a week of training, type and intensity and duration, etc.) since I had it on my Garmin. I just got my Fitbit Versa 2 yesterday and while I’m overall quite satisfied and happy with my acquisition, I’m surprised that this feature is missing. I mean, I can surely find a plan if I search online and then manually set it up in my Fitbit but... I had gotten used to it being a default in these devices. 
I see your post is from a couple of years ago, I wonder if the situation has changed ever since?

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Korina_Norway Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. The workouts that you could try in order to prepare yourself for 10K is our Outdoor sessions.

If you would like to add something in specific, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

Hi any update on this? I've got the Fitbit Charge 4 and would love to leverage fitbit directly for this but use Nike Run Club currently.

Best Answer

@slane52186 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for letting me know that you're using Nike Run Club app. 

The only run workouts available are Outdoor Runs and Outdoor Walks but Marathon's training programs aren't available. If you would like to see a Marathon Training program in the future, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans.  

Best Answer

Hi Sylvia and thanks for your feedback.

A marathon training program is one thing. But my thought includes all kinds of runs.

Say you wanna train or get ready for a 10K, half a marathon or a full marathon. It would be great with an algorithm that covers any kind of run.

For example say I wanna train for a 10K, so I indicate this to tailor make my training program/plan, and in the personalisation process, I get questions such as: how many times a week do you wanna train, age, sex, etc.

The app then tailor makes/personalises a program/training plan for you to follow. Another choice is that the app itself tells you that you need to train certain amount of times a week in order to reach your goal within a 12-week timeframe because that's when the race will be. 

This is a feature that I had with my Garmin tracker (which I replaced with a Fitbit Versa 2) and I miss having it. Beginner runners like me would truly appreciate a guide on how to go forward, what is realistic, what I have to do to prepare for a certain race, etc. A true running coach!

Based on this note I will open a new thread, because I see this is more comprehensive and includes more features than the original post.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

@Korina_Norway Thanks for getting back.

I appreciate the time you took to share feedback about the new features you'd like to see on the Fitbit Coach app. The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

As an additional note, please post your ideas separately this to give users the chance to vote for each one. 

Hope to see your ideas there! Have a great week. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all,

I want to echo the same thoughts here. Please let your product owner know they are behind on feature parity. They’re going to loose people that do decide to take their tracking to training. I’m in the market for a garmin because Fitbit doesn’t have a long distance training plan. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewRen Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having the option of Marathon Training program. You may want to vote for this idea Marathon Coaching and Training Plan, these are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Best Answer
0 Votes