Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More information about Fitbit Premium

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@KateFitbit, @AlessaFitbit

Not it sure if this is the right board but posts on here prompted my question so others might also have this question. 

Posts on here made me think the Fitbit and information I’ve been using for the last few years won’t be available unless I pay for Premium so I had a look and my understanding is that nothing changes but if you subscribe to Premium you get additional, personalised programmes / insights.

The website says “Fitbit gives you general insights. Premium gives you personalised insights ...”

If it’s like another app I have that went to a subscription model existing users kept the functionality they had and receive future updates but certain new features are only available to subscribers and that’s stated in the update notes. It’s over a year since the change and there have been no new features I’ve felt the need to subscribe for and the app still does what I want it to and gets updated.

There will be a cost for the app team keeping the app up to date so it works on the latest version of iOS. I’ve tried to go into a few free apps on my phone that don’t work any more as they need to be updated and a few recent updates have specified a minimum iOS version that will be needed. Makes sense to me that there are free and premium features and premium needs to be paid for. If done well existing users don’t see any bad changes.

Can you confirm that is how Fitbit Premium will work - if there is something of interest / use you can choose to subscribe, if not the same information will be available and app updates so the app continues to work.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge 3, iPhone X
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @Sharonalondon, it's great to see you here.

Regarding your inquiry, Fitbit Premium helps you build healthy habits by offering tailored workouts, insights into how your behavior impacts your health, and personalized plans as you mentioned to help you reach your goals.

For more information about this, you can check the help article: What should I know about Fitbit Premium?.

I will see you later. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit I understand what Fitbit Premium offers but at this time I’m happy with the general information available - I’m not in a position to be able to commit which I feel I would need to do for Fitbit Premium but do want to monitor that I’m keeping up the changes Fitbit has helped me make (increasing steps, reaching my exercise goals on 5 days). What I want to know is whether that information will continue to be available as it is now. 

Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge 3, iPhone X
Best Answer
0 Votes