Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium subscription got renewed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I guess I received a premium subscription after buying a 200 dollar watch.  Somewhere in there I became subscribed to Premium.  I get an automatic renewal and try to stop it the same day. I am told too bad. 80 bucks for stuff I dont understand.  Bull crap.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to report this situation with me. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

As you know, Premium services aren't refundable and we recommend contacting your phone's app store so they can look into your options. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and your feedback is truly appreciated. You can always review our Policy for Paid Services here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What with mysteriously compelling, but unrevokable buttons such as "renew purchase" (what purchases did I make? But it doens't tell youTHAT, only that you've reactivated anything you might have cancelled) and "manage subscriptions" showing you have no subscriptions (even when you can see you are on a trial that is on auto renew you can't opt out of at the start) it is clear that FITBIT deliberately make it difficult to unsubscribe. Bad business. I went to fitbit.com, logged in but couldn't find it. (Yes, moderator I looked under my account and manage subscriptions). Also the app. Also Apple ad Google play.  and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE.  Even getting someone on chat is difficult.  I actually think it might simply be bad programming, but by not fixing it they make it difficult to cancel. 

Best Answer

not true.

Best Answer

Hi there, @wildlin.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing the steps that you've tried. I understand your point of view about this situation, and while the Fitbit app shows an option to manage subscriptions, our recommendation is to get in touch with your phone's app store if you got it from them. That way, they can check your subscriptions and help you out.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Every feedback shared by our members is always appreciated, and yours isn't the exception.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what I understand, a majority of the people in this thread got their subscription from the free trial from either returning a recalled watch or as part of a promotion when buying a new one. In which case, it would not be through the phone's app store and instead through Fitbit itself. And if there's no way to access it through the Fitbit app or online, I can't really see what you want us to do in these kind of instances.

Best Answer

What is totally unacceptable is the App didn’t have an unsubscribe button  to cancel the Premium subscription from the get go and what is even more outrageous is that it still hasn't  after all the complaints Fitbit have received about it and they refuse to acknowledge the problem. 
I guess the way they are going there won’t be a problem soon as the Fitbit brand will have self imploded into none existence. Considering how successful it was and how good their products used to be a fund that a real shame.

Best Answer
Wouldn’t Fitbit or the Fitbit application be the logical place to look up, renew, or cancel information about a Fitbit premium membership? (if the purchase was not made through Google pay or Apple)? The comment is about making it easier to access information about premium subscriptions that were made through Fitbit — if not through Fitbit then who?

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
Hi Lizzy - the trial premium was an option at purchase. The purchase was made through Fitbit directly. It is not my first rodeo with Fitbit. And yes, I have purchased through the Apple app and the Google pay app depending on what phone I’ve had over the years, I am glad to see improvements, including links to the Apple and Google pay store to allow you to see your Fitbit subscriptions, the outstanding deficiency is trying to cancel a trial with Fitbit a trial that you opted into on the Fitbit app. If you can find a way to cancel a Fitbit trial without having to contact customer service directly please let me know because it is not in the app.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. I’m pretty good with tech, but trying to cancel that trial on the app or at fitbit.com beat me. The only way I could do it was by phoning Fitbit. I think it must be a business strategy to make it difficult to cancel the auto renewal process online. The moderators would do themselves and Fitbit a favour by acknowledging this instead of trying to re-characterize it as a consumer error.

Best Answer