Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium workouts/meditations getting black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try the videos premium all I get is a black screen with the play button and nothing else. Has anyone else had this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Hello @Damf 

The question might be stupid, but what happened if you click the play button ? 

Best Answer
The first thing I did but nothing happens Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

There is no error message ? No little wheel or circle turning somewhere indicating it charges ? 

Can you play any videos in any other apps of your phone ? Do you do this when your phone is disconnected from Internet ? 

Best Answer
I get the little circle as if it is charging then it stops and I am back to
step 1.
I can watch videos in other apps and I have tried it with wifi and without.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to admit I do not know what is going on there. I propose you contact Customer Support to see if they have a better idea. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's what I have but they dont seem to know why neither
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Completed all the android tips,updated, reinstalled and stillblack screen when I try to play anything.

Best Answer

Hello, did you solve the problem? I´m dealing with same experience. thks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I have the same problem for 15 days. I tried many things but no videos and audios are working. I will cancel my subscription soon. I have to find another ecosystem 🥺 i wish good things keep long a bit.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem since I bought a fitbit sense and started the premium trial.

I can't start the workouts, black screen when I try to play any video. I tried to reinstall, other mobiles, and nothing... I am losing my 6 month trial and obviously I am not going to renew it.

Best Answer

I'm getting the same thing. Tried your steps and still, all I get is a black screen with the play button but nothing plays when pressed. This happens for all videos. 

Best Answer

@bcnbkn @SunsetRunner @sergiotw17 @blankspac3 Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's nice to see new members around! 

Sorry to hear that you're having this issues with your Premium workouts. Thank you guys for sharing these details with us, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. This situation shouldn't be happening, please provide me with the following information so we can further investigate:

• Phone model and iOS/Android version.
  • Verify if the Fitbit app is up to date.
  • Confirm if this is happening with all workout videos and if you've tried to use a different device to play them.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I did all of them before I have a case in your documentation. Since
my free trial has finished yesterday, I couldn't check the videos agian.
I'm not thinking to resubscribe untill i see the problem officially fixed.
Last 2 months of my trial finished and i couldn't watch any of the videos.

Sorry about that but I'm not with you anymore now.
Best Answer

Hello Yojana

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g model number SM-N9860.

Android version 12

Fitbit app is uptodate version 3.58.

It is happening with all workout videos.

I haven't tested in another device because honestly I want it to work on my device.

Don't have any other to test.

Really disappointed haven't been able to take advantage of all my fitbit premium services. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Support has had me changing from Wifi to mobile data, uninstalling, giving app permission for all, restarting phone... no solution as yet. Anyone had any luck?

Best Answer
Fitbit have had me doing the same and nothing has changed
Best Answer

Is this with all videos, or just one. 

Are you on android or iOS? You can edit your response above. 

Have you tried logging out/in? 

I find that I have no issues on android. 

I've also moved this out of hardware support and into premium support. 

Best Answer
All videos.
Reported multiple times.
Last email from support said they were aware of it. 4 weeks ago. No update since and seems to be affecting lots of people since 2020 at least.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

All videos and audios  eg meditation. Android, yes logged out, as well as uninstalling, reinstalling, turning off device, changing settings to allow all, changing wifi to mobile data

Best Answer
0 Votes