Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100,000 steps in a day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A year or so ago, I had done about 17,000 steps and my fitbit went haywire and flashed up that I had gotten 100,000. At that time my best was about 45,000 steps in one day, so it was a bit demoralsing when I got up to 50,000 steps without any recognition, as my dashboard states that my best is 100,000 in one day.

I have tried a couple of times to get to 100,000 in one day, just so I can say that the fitbit is accurate. I've tried twice and yesterday was my best step total ever at 77,462 steps. It would be nice if that could be changed so that it is the 77,462 that shows on my Fibit.

I know it's not a huge problem, as I know how many steps I have done, but it would be cool to change it if I could.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There are a couple of threads on this. The recommended solution appears to be to create an activity that overlaps the "mystery steps".  The app will overwrite the error.

Hardly a true solution (that would require FitBit to fix the underlying problem), but it does appear to remove the crazy step totals.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

There are a couple of threads on this. The recommended solution appears to be to create an activity that overlaps the "mystery steps".  The app will overwrite the error.

Hardly a true solution (that would require FitBit to fix the underlying problem), but it does appear to remove the crazy step totals.

Best Answer

I suppose it registered 100.000 steps in the app as well? In that case, go back to the day it occured, and delete that excersice.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, this did the trick! Unfortunately the badge for 100,000 steps remains but at least the 476,526 steps for that day isn't there any more!

Best Answer

Thanks for this. For some reason it wasn't logged as an exercise, I had over 400,000 listed for the day. I fixed it now by putting in a new activity.

Best Answer

Thats great news. Happy to help. I am not sure they are willing to, but customer service should be able to remove your 100k steps Badge. The step count triggers activation of the badge,but they are not connected in any other way.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

It actually seems to only occur with the app. There is no activity, there is just a sudden addition of 10,000+ steps at a particular timepoint.  At least, that's what happens with mine.  There's nothing to delete, so you have to create a bogus activity to overwrite it.  

It's not a feature - it's definitely a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow congrats, so many steps in one day

Best Answer
0 Votes

i got 100k in one day once, just to be able to say i did it.  it took about three different attempts, and i was so sore the next day. 🙂  i never did it again.

i never get weird additions though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's Amazing, Congrats
Best Answer
0 Votes