Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories in vs out explanation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never seem to stay in the green zone. I’m always in the under zone. Is that ok?  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Seggypoo, thanks for stopping by! Are you talking about your calories?

Under

More can be eaten (up to 'in range' / green zone) to stay within the food plan, when being under the deficit will be larger than the selected deficit and more weight will be lost instead.

In zone

Stay in this zone to keep on track to stay within the desired deficit, when watching the food plan, you are able to see how many calories can be eaten for the day.

The zone chart only looks at the total intake / calories burned since midnight until (now). When eating more calories (according to the food plan allowance) more can be eaten but the chart can display being over at the moment since the body didn't burned as many calories yet.

When staying within the food plan, even when being over at the moment (eating more at dinner), it will drop back to 'within range' during the day.

Over

More calories have been eaten than the food plan (desired deficit), there may still be a deficit, and still loosing weight, but not as much as the selected weight loss plan..

Deficit: 500

Eat over with 200, there's still a deficit of 300 and still being on track to loose weight however the weight loss will be a bit less.

It's allowed to be 50 calories under or above the food plan to stay on track.

PS: I moved your post to the Fitbit.com Dashboard as there are more chances to get calories related replies here.

Hope this clarifies your question, point me out if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @Seggypoo, thanks for stopping by! Are you talking about your calories?

Under

More can be eaten (up to 'in range' / green zone) to stay within the food plan, when being under the deficit will be larger than the selected deficit and more weight will be lost instead.

In zone

Stay in this zone to keep on track to stay within the desired deficit, when watching the food plan, you are able to see how many calories can be eaten for the day.

The zone chart only looks at the total intake / calories burned since midnight until (now). When eating more calories (according to the food plan allowance) more can be eaten but the chart can display being over at the moment since the body didn't burned as many calories yet.

When staying within the food plan, even when being over at the moment (eating more at dinner), it will drop back to 'within range' during the day.

Over

More calories have been eaten than the food plan (desired deficit), there may still be a deficit, and still loosing weight, but not as much as the selected weight loss plan..

Deficit: 500

Eat over with 200, there's still a deficit of 300 and still being on track to loose weight however the weight loss will be a bit less.

It's allowed to be 50 calories under or above the food plan to stay on track.

PS: I moved your post to the Fitbit.com Dashboard as there are more chances to get calories related replies here.

Hope this clarifies your question, point me out if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. I am trying to get the best results possible. I love this Fitbit it really motivates me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you so much  I am really enjoying my fitbit.  I turned 70 in april and decided to get in better shape. we walk two miles every day and now I can keep track of everything.  thank you again
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @Seggypoo! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your Fitbit. Is never too late to decide to get in better shape. I'm struggling with that right now Smiley Sad but I'm pushing myself so hard. Don't like vegetables or fruits hahaha. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great day my friend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes