Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit activities anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently replaced my Charge HR with a Charge 2, which allows you to quicky start an activity. However, the list of activities you can add to the quick start list is rather limited (i.e. in my case, I play soccer, which is available as a category but not on the quick start list), so I was using the generic "Workout" category and later would go to the app/website to edit the name. As of last night, the option to edit activities is no longer available - it will only allow me to edit auto-logged activities. I really don't see why you would want to remove that on purpose. Please bring this feature back.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hello @seebee65,

Thanks for letting me know that you have tried everything I suggested. I will be passing this information on to the rest of the team. If there are any updates, we will be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions,

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as the previous poster.  I also cannot edit activities.  He has the same issue as me.  I mow the lawns for 2 hours and Fitbit counts it as Riding a Bike.  Uh, no.  We used to be able to edit an activity.  I went on the Community Forum and someone had this problem back in 2015.  It seemed to have been fixed after that as I was able to "edit" an activity via the pencil icon.  However, apparently, an update made somewhere along the line by Fitbit that has disabled the edit function.  When you use the pencil icon to "edit" the activity and click "update", nothing happens.  Frustrating!!

Best Answer

Hello @PattyAW! Thanks for stepping into the Community!

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you are experiencing this issue as well. At this moment we do not have any specific updates on the matter, whenever we do have any news we will be sure to let you know. I will be keeping my eyes open.

In the meantime, could you take a screen shot of the activities page and then post it as a reply? That's be helpful.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I've got the same problem. I edit the activity, click update and nothing changes. This worked until recently so either the functionality has been changed or there's a bug in the system. Please kindly get it sorted. It's such a basic function. It shouldn't be subject to polls and discussion.  

Best Answer

I too have the same problem.  I enter lawn mowing in the edit screen, but the old activity never updates.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Forums @Deaconfan.

Thanks for letting us know and for providing us with the feedback. I will be sure to let the rest of the team know. Whenever we do get any updates or news we will let you know.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Can no longer edit activities which is very annoying. Fitbit seem to be adopting the Apple idea of 'we are so big and successful, we can ignore customers'

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Lloydster.

I absolutely understand how you could feel very annoyed. I will be sure to let the rest of the team about the comments on this thread. Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the current status of the edit /add additional activities issues? Still not able to add activities on my zip dashboard -although I was able to do so previously. Nothing happens when I click on the walking icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lonni, you will no doubt get the standard response from FitBit to say thanks for letting them know and they'll pass it on to the team. However, the reality is, they don't seem to give a rats **ahem**. This is such a s basic function a 5th grade student could probably sort it out in 10 minutes, but FitBit has been sitting on this for months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is currently an issue manually logging activities on the Fitbit.com dashboard. If possible, log an exercise on the Fitbit.com app. You can follow the progress in this thread

I will be closing this thread for further comments as it is an older resolved thread. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes