Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I work a night shift and my sleep and awake times don't fall between the designated by the FitBit. Is there a way to change the times on my dashboard so I can have it coincide with my schedule?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@WriterGal1 - 

If you mean things like "steps per hour" goals of "x" number of hours in a row that will span calendar days - for instance 9:00 pm to 5:00 am then no. There is at least one suggestion on the Suggestion Board to have that as an option for "shift workers" as one person put it.

And the actual calendar no. That would be a bit much for any application to make that drastic of an action - that is paramount to re-writing history. it is one thing to have a week start on one day instead of another, but to change when a day starts and ends is a bit much to handle. Especially with a database that has to handle user data from all of the Earth's timezones.

For sleep times, sleeping is sleeping and it looks like the app handles multiple sleep periods that end in the same calendar day as for that day. The ending time of any sleep period designates what day it gets credited to, not the start time. At least it did for me after surgery in November when, for the first few days, I was taking a some naps in the late morning and early afternoon.

I hope I interpreted your question correctly and have provided at least some of what you need. 

Feel free to post a reply to set me straight if I need it.

Either way, welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes