Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome no longer supports Flash Player issue with Calorie Graph

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I am having an interesting problem in that Fitbit.com for some of its graphs (particularly Food Stats - Calorie Intake Graph) utilize Adobe Flash Player. However, major browsers are slowly sunsetting Flash Player altogether:

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

Not only that but Adobe itself has committed to ending Flash support by 2020. What is Fitbit's plans moving forward? I am not sure how much of Fitbit.com relies on Flash but we could be seeing a very broken site in the future if support ends, and browsers shift to other rendering protocols altogether. 

How is Fitbit.com planning to maintain functionality and transition (if at all) to another format?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kiwusek and welcome to the Help forums.  I am not a Fitbit employee, but I know that Fitbit is aware that some of the web dashboard graphs use Flash.  It's been a while, but there was a period of time that the web food logging pages looked just like the app and didn't use Flash.  I think it got changed back because of bugs, but I'm not sure.

The web profile page used to have many personal activity graphs, all of which used Flash.  The web profile page looks like the app profile page.

It's a work in progress.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @kiwusek and welcome to the Help forums.  I am not a Fitbit employee, but I know that Fitbit is aware that some of the web dashboard graphs use Flash.  It's been a while, but there was a period of time that the web food logging pages looked just like the app and didn't use Flash.  I think it got changed back because of bugs, but I'm not sure.

The web profile page used to have many personal activity graphs, all of which used Flash.  The web profile page looks like the app profile page.

It's a work in progress.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ah thanks I just am hoping that there is a serious plan to drop flash soon, as the loss of maintenance from Adobe will probably by a security risk moving forwards. 

Best Answer

Any updates on this?  Adobe has stated Flash is end of life Dec 31, 2020!  This is now just 1.5 months away from now. 

Best Answer

Adobe has now blocked all flash content. Will there be some other way to view the graphs soon?

Best Answer

Mickey59_0-1620382522357.png

This feature is not working and there's not a good way to view history of calories.  Seems odd, since it's easy to go back and look at sleep and activity over days, months, year.  Is there any plan to fix this?

Best Answer

Still the same for me, too. It's not like flash ending was a random surprise no one could see coming, so I don't know why they didn't bother to do anything about it. Ever???

Just getting rid of that graph node entirely would at least look less janky and cheap. 

Maybe they're going to nix the desktop version? Would appreciate a heads up if I have to switch to the mobile app only. 

Best Answer

No update, Fitbit doesn't care.  I just chatted with tech support.  Its now June 2021.   They didn't acknowledge Flash was even in used.  They brushed me off giving me a line about always looking to improve so go make a forum suggestion.

Best Answer

Please upvote Get rid of Flash from the web site - Fitbit Community which currently has 480 votes. (In 2018 the request to replace Flash moved to  "Under Consideration")

Best Answer