Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Changes on Own

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased a brand new Fitbit Versa 2 and have had it less than a week. My weight keeps changing like others wrote. But a huge change. I weigh in the 140's and it keeps changing to 328 lbs. (or close to that) every few days. Any idea how to fix this? 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I enter my weight and then a day later it has changed itself. Usually close to what i put in but always different. Anyone else having this issue and any idea how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jessmills1982 It's great to see you around. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that your weight is changing. In this case, I would like you to log out from your account and clear cookies and cache, after this please log back in and edit your weight.

Also, please make sure that you're not logged into any other device that someone else might be using. 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased a brand new Fitbit Versa 2 and have had it less than a week. My weight keeps changing too. But a huge change. I weight 149 and it keeps changing to 328-ish every few days. Any idea how to fix this? 

Best Answer

@Savy_V It's nice to see you around. Thanks for letting me know that you have a Versa 2. 

I would like you to make sure you have changed your units of measurements to pounds and that it's not in lbs. Check the instructions here: How do I change the units of measurement on my Fitbit device? 

If you're still experiencing the same, please provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happens to me too. I just bought mine 6 days ago. It’s converting to kg by multiplying your weight in pounds by 2.2 but not changing the unit! So it looks like you (and I) are 300+ pounds when we are really 130-140ish!  I can’t figure out how to fix it because all the units are set to lbs!! 
Could someone help us???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Halfdozen Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I've moved your post to this thread because it's more related to the topic. In this case, I would like you to try the troubleshooting mentioned above. If you're still experiencing the same, please provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
The problem is I type in 140 lbs and then later my app and Fitbit increases the value by 2.2  The unit label still says lbs. The settings are in lbs not kgs  
Thank you! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

30FEBEE9-0C59-425A-9977-338C7693573F.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Halfdozen Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the screenshot shared. Could you confirm that the phone you're using is listed here?

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the IPhone XS with iOS update 13.3 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weight changes on its own as well.  Mathematically, appears to be consistent with the idea that somehow it is converting pounds to kgs but my advance settings are set to pounds. Help!!

Best Answer

I’m 10st and my Fitbit keeps changing to 38-40st pretty much every other day 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on this? My app keeps changing the measurement units from Kg to Lbs every couple of days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is EXACTLY the same. Actual weight 140-145 but always changes to 314.2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes