Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download heartrate data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I do apologize if this has been answered - it seems like an obvious question, but I don't see a forum topic exactly on this.

I notice on my mobile that I can look over my day's (and previous, etc.) heartrate data.

This data was one of the reasons for getting a Fitbit.

How can I download that data with my heartrate over the day?  Not just resting heartrate per day, but the actual day's data.

Thank you!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 3/7/2019: As promised we have updated our tool. If you are looking for heart rate information you can export your data through our data export tool now!

Hi Everyone - If you are looking to download your heart rate information, please reach out to customer support for further assistance. We hope to make the process more seamless in the future. Since this is the current process and we don't have further to add at this time, I'll be closing the thread for further responses. 

@johncollins - I created a case for you and someone from our support team will be reaching out shortly. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

It's great to see new names around the Community! Hello @BLP1975.

While there is not specific option to download HR data integrated into the Dashboard or the apps, there is this post from one of our users where he shows a way to get more HR information. I hope you find it useful!

Hope to see you around the Forums!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier!
Yes, that post looks like what I am looking for.

Much appreciated, and I will try and keep contributing to the forum
community! 🙂

Thanks again!
Best Answer

Hello @BLP1975! That's great to hear!

If you have the time, you should definitely visit one of our Discussion boards, there you can talk about a lot of different topics with other Community users. 

Hope to see you around! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

This solution is difficult to implement. Why does Fitbit not provide downloading of heart rate data? Which is probably the most USEFUL data they collect.

Best Answer

I attempted to joi the Squash Leagues and Ladders webisite but never received a confirmation email.Fitbit SUCKS!

Best Answer

Hello @crashley409.

There is another users that developed some sort of app. Perhaps you could check it out. Please keep in mind that it is not developed by Fitbit and thus we can't  guarantee its functionality.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

Hello Lanuza,

Why does Fitbit not include resting hear rate in the "Body" stats available for download?  It would be one number per day, just like the weight data.

Thanks,

Chuck

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @earthmover.

Thanks for your question.

I am not able to provide any specifics on situations like that, but I can tell you that Fitbit is aware of this. Whenever we have something to announce on the matter, we'll make sure to let everyone know! 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

Hi - my doctor brought it to my attention earlier this week that my resting heart rate was not good. "Hey!" I said, "I can download all my heart rate data from my Fitbit from the past two and half years and send that over to you." But now I find it's not possible. I realize Fitbit didn't get into the fitness device business to facilitate healthcare discussions between individuals and clinicians. But here we are. There is really valuable data locked away in my Fitbit (actually my Fitbit iPhone app) that my doctor could use to inform  advice/decisions really important to my life. I can see that data - it's right there in the app's daily heart rate results. But there's evidently no way to download it, and that's ridiculous. I can hand my doctor my phone and have her glance at my daily results from the past 800 days, but that's not really a workable solution during an office visit likely to run 20 minutes. I'd argue that Fitbit - in not providing easy access to important personal data - is on very shaky ethical ground here. My heart rate data is mine, not yours. If your users can't access their data in ways that will actively contribute to healthier outcomes, what use is the device in the first place? I'm really not happy with this state of affairs. BTW: I tried the squash site - no luck. Also too: if your app functions like it does currently once the GDPR goes into effect in May, you're likely to run into some serious issues with EU regulators. I hope you're working on a fix. Thanks.

Best Answer

Welcome @JPinson.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter. 

Please know that we are well aware of the demand for such a feature. You can support this suggestion to add an export of HR data by voting for it. 

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer

Regarding the answer to this question, you at Fitbit do not address the serious concerns brought up regarding compliance with the new EU regulations GDPR going into effect on May 25. Whether or not a vendor and data provider should follow the law or not isn´t an issue you can leave to votes from users. 

Best Answer

Indeed. GDPR is not a vote issue, it's a possible fine of £500k for non-compliance. I'm going through this now in work to ensure I comply with our own biometric data gathering. As I see it, all biometric data must be available by request or otherwise to the owner of that data for analysis, amendment or deletion.

I look forward to this as I'm very interested in the trends since 2015 when I got my first fitbit!

Best Answer

I have the very same issue. I need to download my detailed heartrated data for medical purposes. One of the reasons I bought a fitbit charge was exactly to check my heartrate during sleep. Now I realize that I have to buy another device because Fitbit, by not providing access to raw data, cannot be considered a reliable device.

Any vendor of heart rate monitor devices should know that heartrate is a sensitive and important (sometime lifesaving) information for the users. At this point I would officially request to know in detail

1) Where my raw heart rate data are saved,

2) How can I access and dowloard such raw data

3) What is the use Fitbit makes of such data.

4) Whether Fitbit is compliant with the EU regulation concerning privacy and access to user's data.

Kind regards

Best Answer

This issue is NOT solved. Sorry, Fitbit, you need to get back to this. Now!

Best Answer

Hi there, I’m Neil, the developer of the heart rate data exporter application Pulse Watch https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html  No sign up required, just sign into Fitbit!

I hadn’t considered the need of more than just heart rate exporting to a .csv file to open on Excel.

@paallev what data would like available to export?

maybe in the future I can make more types of data available!

Cheers!

Pulse Watch, export your Fitbit heart rate data
https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html
Best Answer
We are waiting for the single minute intraday, which is not available from your application.
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Neil, it seems you are a making a third party application for exporting heart rate data, and this also means that I will grant you access to all my Fitbit data. I want Fitbit themselves to give us access to our own data in accord with GDPR. And if I should use your application, I would like to know how that your app conforms to GDPR. 

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

This is still showing as 'solved'. I'm sorry but it's not. As a company, you are aware that you must comply with GDPR. This means that we can request to access all data you hold on us. If you do not or cannot comply with this you could be accountable to the Data Commissioner's office. The potential fines are huge - up to 4% of your annual turnover or €20m, whichever is the greater. 

I would be amazed if you did not have anything in place to provide an access solution for users to their data, but your silence on this is worrying.

Please update us on how you intend to resolve.

Thanks

Best Answer

@TheFlutist and @Jimbo2112, Pulse Watch now allows you to visualize and export intraday heart rate data! Thank you for your patience.

@paallev wrote:

Hi Neil, it seems you are a making a third party application for exporting heart rate data, and this also means that I will grant you access to all my Fitbit data. I

@paallev I completely understand your concern. However, let me assure you that I do not have any access to any of your Fitbit data. 

Pulse Watch uses Implicit Grant Flow, and that means the transfer of information only happens between the Fitbit server and your web browser.

I created Pulse Watch because I wanted users to have an easy (no-sign up required) and private method of getting their heart rate data.

@paallev wrote:

And if I should use your application, I would like to know how that your app conforms to GDPR. 

Pulse Watch does not store any of your data.

Let me know if I can better explain anything about Pulse Watch or if you have any suggestions to make it better for you. 

Pulse Watch, export your Fitbit heart rate data
https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html
Best Answer