Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving Activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I recently got a Charge HR for Christmas. I found out how to take off driving via the activities on the dashboard log. However I've noticed that my wife and son's activity is slightly different from mine.

I work in public transport and drive to and from work. Due to this I have to take off the hours I am driving from my activites. For whatever reason it asks me to enter the distance and calories. My wife (who also works in public transport) and son (who uses public transport to get to and from work) do not have this when they take off their driving times from their activity logs.

Furthermore, the distance has (optional) grayed out in the box whilst calories is a required field. On my wife and son's dashboards they do not have distance but do have calories with (optional) grayed out in the box. 

I am getting frustrated as I feel it is not enabling me to enter data correctly and therefore not giving me accurate readings. Has anyone else had this happen to their dashboard and if so, do you know how to fix it if possible?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Graham54! Congratulations on getting a Charge HR, thanks for joining the Community.

From the way you're describing it, it seems like you're logging the driving activity as if it was a custom activity. Whenever you enter the word 'Driving' you should get an option on a drop-down menu that says 'Driving'. You should then click on it .

If this is the case, then please take a screen shot on how the logging information shows up. That way I'll be able to verify what is going on.

Look forward to helping you get this situation resolved.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LanuzaFitbit,

When I enter 'Driving' I do get the option in a drop-down menu, but at this stage there are multiple 'Driving' in the drop-down menu instead of just the one like my wife and son get. The first screenshot shows what my drop-down menu looks like when I enter 'Driving'.

64168d9762934daaa34c0fd362c414f2

The second screenshot shows what the logging information that shows up looks like whenever I click on one of these 'Driving'. The third shows what my son's logging information looks like when he clicks on the 'Driving' in his drop-down menu

90f102e9710d82a33510f21243fe954a1e1e966e4cec53a289a21de3b51841cb

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Graham54! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

That's definitely something odd. Have you tried going one by one and checking if any brings you the proper screen? It's probably very time consuming to do so, however.

Having said that, there is an alternative. If you have a smartphone, perhaps you could use the DriveBit app and connect it to your Fitbit account. That app should automatically log driving activities whenever you tell the app to do so.

I hope this helps out! Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit Thank you for your response. I did find that one of the driving activities did not include distance when I clicked on it. Do you know if there's a way for me to delete the other driving activites that do include distance from the list without affecting the one that does not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Graham54

There is no way to delete the custom created activities. Having said that, what you can do is locate the one that doens't ask for any distance, log it and then just select it from the 'Recent' exercise tab. You can find it next to the section where you can enter the activity. That way you do not have to worry about looking for it through all of them. Check the picture below for reference:driving.PNG

I hope this is useful! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been laid up so I started playing the piano again and my Flex has added all sorts of steps to my totals.

I keep meaning to take the Flex off while I play but in the meantime I read that adding a "Driving" activity should negate the steps should I forget. I've followed all the instructions but it hasn't deleted my steps.  I should add that I am adding the activity to yesterday's data, because that's the most recent time I want to mask my "piano-playing" steps.  Do I have to wait a certain amount of time for my data to be consolidated?

Has the Dashboard software changed or is there some additional "trick" not included in the instructions?

Screen shot showing Driving activity and no effect on steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reread Graham54's message and noted the same as he, i.e. multiple rows with Driving when I typed it in the Search box.  The last one did not have "Distance" in it and when I used it, and put in the correct times, lo and behold, my steps disappeared.  Yay!!!

Like Graham54 I wish I could delete the top two entries, which must be "Custom" activities that I created, but since there are only 3 for me it's no big deal.  I'm just so happy that it's working now, because I spent over two hours trying to figure this out yesterday.

Best Answer

Hey @Martin_F

That is great to read. I definitely see what you mean. Being able to delete those activities would be very useful. 

As a silver lining, you managed to get your information correct on your account.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes