Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data page says "Something Went Wrong"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been exporting my data every month, without issue, since December 26, 2022. I have a MD appointment coming up and tried to export my data....all I get is "Something Went Wrong!" Why has this stopped working and is it coming back? Is there a work around? My MD is expecting my food, weight and activity logs....what should/can I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted and sharing the steps that you've tried. That's great news and I can confirm the Export Data is now working correctly. I appreciate your patience and rest assured we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

@Garry56 About your other question, let me clarify you'll see SpO2 and heart rate data and when exporting a complete archive of your Fitbit account data. To learn more about it, see this help article. If you have Premium, you can always download your Wellness Report which provides you with more details and insights of your data.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@ChicknWhisperer Hope you were able to somehow get your data exported in time!

Just to add to this issue, I'm also getting the same error message "Something Went Wrong!" when trying to export monthly data as CSV/XLS. The problem didn't start happening until this month (April 2023) and I'd been successfully exporting the data for over a year for my doctors too.

Anyone know of any work arounds or fixes?

Best Answer

Using a Charge 4 & 2, both have the same problem this month, been fine for the last 5 years, Support contact was useless at best, anyone know a fix please?

Best Answer

I'm trying to download my heart rate data using the data export feature on my computer, and I keep getting an error: "Something went wrong!"

I've never used the download functionality before, but I can't get it to work with any combination of settings I can control.  Other than requesting a full account lifetime's worth of data, any suggestions?

Best Answer

I am having this problem as well.

Best Answer

Same problem for me for two days now. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried to export from my PC and from my iPad so I don’t think it’s a software issue on my end. 

Best Answer

Hi, this has happened in the past and typically lasts a few hours or a couple days.  I popped in to check that someone had reported the issue, which you have.  This was working at least as late as the middle of last week.  I'm hoping that technical staff is back after the weekend break and is working on this.

Best Answer

Ditto.

Whatever happened to Fitbit's to Fitbit's claim that "your data belongs to YOU?"

Best Answer

Broken for me too, just now.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @Odyssey13 Thanks for your help!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as well as every step tried on your own. Let me share this has been escalated to our team so they can investigate what may be occurring.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate the feedback. Once I have more details to share, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer

Thanks for escalating @LizzyFitbit. I'm having this problem as well. I'm trying to export on a mac and have tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers to download either csv or excel files for one month time periods. I'm getting 'something went wrong' messages, or no messages at all. I've signed in and out of my account and rebooted my computer but still nothing.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I've been downloading monthly data for the previous month for 5 years.  Now all of a sudden I'm getting "Something went wrong" and I cannot download last months data.  I've been getting this for 3 days in a row now.  I'm hoping that Google has not removed data exporting.

Best Answer

Our research lab uses FitBit Charge 2 devices. We normally export sleep and activity data from the FitBit cloud associated with our devices. However, this export function does not seem to work anymore. This specific issue arose in April 2023, and there were no issues prior to that time. Instead of receiving a CSV file with the exported data, we now simply get an error message that reads “something went wrong.” Can anyone help? 

Best Answer

You can still get your data by requesting an import, but it's not instantaneous as before. You have to verify your request via email. Then the data comes compressed in zip files. Good luck wading through all of the data they send in separate files to extract what you want.

This problem with getting your data the easy way has persisted for almost a week now. I'm wondering if it's more than just a glitch. I suspect that some features in the "new and improved" Fitbit that is "being designed to enhance our experience" will be available only for those with premium subscriptions. Hopefully, easy data retrieval will not be one of those features, since Fitbit has been averring "your data belongs to you!" for years now.

Best Answer

This functionality hardly ever works. Why do I keep a stupid fitbit? Throwing the useless piece of garbage out tomorrow if not fixed. I have a garmin watch, but wear nicer watches when not working out. I'll just go w/the garmin full-time, since it always works & doesn't waste half my day on nonsense that any IT professional w/multiple brain cells she able to fix within a few hours. You're not working on anything, you either can't or, more likely, won't fix it.

Best Answer

I used to get the sleep record as a data export, but when I tried to download the data as an Excel file from last week, a banner saying there was a problem, and I couldn't download it.
I've tried a lot of different ways, but it doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to get the sleep record as a data export, but when I tried to download the data as an Excel file from last week, a banner saying there was a problem, and I couldn't download it.
I've tried a lot of different ways, but it doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I export my data every Monday and I got this error on Monday, 4/10.  I had the same issue several years ago, but do not remember how it got resolved.  I contacted support yesterday and they could not help, so they said they would escalate to a higher level.  Hopefully, it will get resolved soon.

Best Answer