Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Dashboard being phased out?

So - now the web or "browser" dashboard has an interstitial message that pops up telling me I can use the app on my phone. I have the app on my phone - I don't need telling. I'm logging in to use the web dashboard because it's more convenient for me. The writing has been on the wall for a while. The dashboard hasn't been updated in years - certainly not since Google's acquisition of FitBit. Anyone here from Google prepared to give me a straight answer? Is the web dashboard going to be deprecated (like every other Google service that isn't the market lead)? How safe is the FitBit brand in Google's hands? I've been a FitBit user for seven years - but when I next upgrade it might well be to an Apple Watch if this is an indication of customer support.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@KaosHarry   You probably won’t get an answer to your questions here.  This is a user to user help site.  Even when moderators answer, they seem to be limited to publicly available information.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I think it is pretty obvious that somewhere it has been decided to move away from a web dashboard to a 'mobile app' only. I would never have bought a newer Fitbit if I knew this was about to happen. It would have been so useful to turn it into a progressive webapp instead of ostracizing a large group of users. At any rate, my next fitness tracker will not be a Fitbit. I did not move my data to a google account, and I will just ride this train until it is really gone I guess. 

Best Answer

If they're going to force us to the app then someone needs to go through the food library and clean it up.  There are so many incorrect/duplicate entries.  I use the web dashboard to correct stuff I use regularly or for recipes I make at home (it really sucks to have to enter every ingredient - especially when they're wrong).  Items can't be edited in the app, everything need to be entered from scratch.  They also need to add "favorites" in the food lists if the web dashboard isn't available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so sorry that I just bought my husband a new Fitbit Charge 6 before I read your comment. I saw that my dashboard had changed, but I was informed by Fitbit that it was only temporary. I don’t guess that’s true and it’s always gonna look like this so I’m in agreement with you—my next watch will definitely not be a Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I lost all my Fitbit friends when Google bought Fitbit. They are still on Fitbit and I cannot go back to Fitbit after moving to Google!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dislike the sleep information especially!! I will be going to a different tracker as soon as this one is no longer working or when I am totally disgusted--which I already am!!! 😡😡I haven't gone to Google and I won't.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit battery keeps running out and not syncing. I have to log on and off from Google to charge it.

😏 😪 🙄😰

Best Answer
0 Votes
🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🙄

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes