Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Connect is not compatible with MAC Catalina

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MAC

I have upgraded to MAC Catalina 10.15 and although the FitBit Connect app is installed it does not see Bluetooth. A message "Turn On Bluetooth to sync your trackers" comes up, however Bluetooth is connected and active. Synced/Updated on my iPad but the updated information does not appear on my MAC Fitbit Dashboard 

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100
Hello, Fellow Jogger

I do not have any good news except to say like everyone here we wait for FItbit (or Google) to fit their problem. I did want to add that I spent 90 minutes on chat yesterday when the sync problem expanded to one where I couldn’t even open the “main menu” anymore. It would just spin forever, and then give me an error message that said that it couldn’t connect with the internet. Of course when I opened the “chat” window, that worked fine though the internet. At the end of 90 minutes they asked on what date I purchased my device and what was the name of the retailer, so they could check on my warranty status. “Are you kidding?” They said they were able to work out a 25% discount on a replacement for my tracker. I explained that my tracker wasn’t broken and up until 8 AM the day before it was working fine, albeit unable to sync without going through the hoops of the manual sync every single time.

Anyway, enough of the rant. In the end, I dug out my son's old iPad, charged it up, and after time consuming firmware update to my fitbit, I am back online today and everything works just like the good old days before Catalina. I don’t know if you can sync through your phone or something, but finding anything makes a world of difference.

My guess is that Google sees little value in fixing old problems when they can just sell new stuff to everybody. Any way, Good luck,
rick
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync for a month or so by following the steps I listed in a previous post, but now when I try to do that, Fitbit Connect says I have no internet connection. So, no go.

I have the app on my phone, but it won't sync there, either.

Looks like the end of the One road.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Versa Lite that I got for Christmas.  I have been struggling and struggling to get it to sync with my Mac.  Why are these not compatible and when will this be fixed?  None of these workarounds in this thread work at all for me.  There should have been labeling on the package that this device does not work with Macs.  Can I return it for a refund?

Best Answer
0 Votes

why can't I download the Fitbit app on my MacOS Catalina

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my MAC not being able to find the wireless dongle even though it is in the usb port.  I'm pretty frustrated because I've done everything recommended and it really doesn't seem like FitBit wants to fix the issue......My versa works with my phone, but won't sync to my mac.....

Best Answer
I understand completely. I finally dug out my sons old iPad and updated it and now my fitbit sync's with it seamlessly. So even though my mac will not sync, it doesn’t matter because I can still see the correct updated dashboard when I open fitbit on my computer.

But it does stint that fitbit doesn’t seem interested in fixing their problem.

best
Best Answer
Fortunately, my Versa still works with my Iphone 8plus, so I’ll just continue using it with my phone.

I was thinking of upgrading to the Versa 2, but won’t be purchasing any more Fitbit products if they’re going to ostracize Apple/Mac users.

Total bummer too.
Best Answer

Me too, new iMac with Catalina and won't sync..... come on fitbit.

Ill stop trying now...

Best Answer

I'm another person who has discovered that Fitbit Connect will not sync my device using a new iMac with Catalina (or even display the Fitbit icon in the menu bar).

One additional note: If you click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, and then click 'About this Mac', and then 'System Report', you will see your Fitbit dongle displayed under the 'USB' item in the system report. It shows up as 'Fitbit Base Station'. This indicates that your computer (with Catalina) sees the dongle, but the Fitbit Connect app is not properly accessing the computer's USB bus. This connection problem is definitely a Fitbit software issue, not a Mac problem.

Best Answer
It has apparently been 5 months and I'm still experiencing this issue. This is the only reason I have bluetooth switched on on my phone, and it means the battery runs down quicker. This really needs sorting out.
Best Answer

I just upgraded to Catalina today, and my FitBit One does not sync with the desktop.  I always clear my Safari history, which deletes cookes, cache, etc. when I sign off, but this didn't work for me, when I tried again.  No syncing.  I don't have a smartphone.  I could sync with my iPod, but I don't want to have to sign in every time I do that - too tedious to use the dinky keyboard for my compicated username and password.  On the desktop, I just sign in with Google.

Best Answer

On my Charge HR I only need tp start the Fitbit Sync app and then turn bluetooth off, then back on. It has worked every time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you -this didn't work for me.  I have gone to using the app on my iPod (I don't have a smartphone) which is more of a pain to log into.

Best Answer
0 Votes

p.s. My device is a Fitbit One.  Old but good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I completely agree. I use my son's old iPad to connect and update; but doesn’t that just beg the question “why should I have to go backward in technology to fix a current problem??” I understand that with the whole corona virus thing there a MUCH bigger issues to be dealt with now, but I would like to know "why did google choose not to fix this when they had the time?” that is my question.

Good luck to everyone; do your best to stay safe!
Best Answer

But why should we have to?? and if you have a wireless mouse and keyboard it means you have to restart the computer each time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here versa2 which works fine with the phone, but not the mac after I upgraded to Catalina.

Awaiting the automated "welcome to the forum" response...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2: Customer with iMac:  Just got email from fitbit, tells me both of my watches only needed to work two yrs until 2/25/19, it offers discounts on purchase of their more modern short-lived junk.  Catalina came out Dec 2019 so watches only lasted 2.7 years.  Disposable world they are part of, planned obsolescence.  I'm done with them except for helping others realize their business model.

Best Answer

Well done - my Fitbit, although it lasted longer than yours , has just stopped working so happy to replace with almost anything but another Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I share your disappointment in Fitbit’s solution of “give them a discount to buy more of our new stuff” rather than fixing what they have already sold. I think that was their business model even before the Google buyout, but I too have moved past expecting Fitbit to improve, or to using any of their products.

Good luck, and thanks for your thoughts.
rick
Best Answer