Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Fitbit app and dashboard currently experiencing issues 3/3/21

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

3/3/21 Update: This issue is now resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. 

3/3/21 Update: some features may be back, but we continue to review this issue. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Hello everyone!

Our team has identified a technical issue interrupting Fitbit services and are working to fix it. Any updates will be posted in this thread so keep an eye on it. 

Thank you for your patience while this is resolved.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

3/3/21 Update: This issue is now resolved. Thanks for your patience and reports. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

I have had a Renpho smart scale attached to my Fitbit app for a few years and it has worked basically every day. This morning I took my weight and then switched to the Fitbit app and noticed it didn't sync my weight. I went back to the Renpho app and it said it wasn't connected to Fitbit any longer. I turned on the connection and logged into "accounts.fitbit.com" like I did on initial setup and at the top I get " Server error. Please try again later!"

Did Fitbit change something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 will not sync after latest update. 
when the charge three partially sinks there’s no blue (i)  so I can disconnect it as per your instructions. In the past when I had problems syncing I would disconnect it but since there’s no blue (i) I cannot disconnect it.  Help what’s my solution?

Best Answer

My Inspire stopped syncing with my Iphone SE 2 an hour ago. I restarted the phone, the watch, still doesn’t sync. I turned Bluetooth off, reconnected the watch, nothing.

It’s the second issue l have encountered since the new update.

Best Answer

I cannot access the fitbit app on any device; mobile, kindle, pc.  IInitially the app would not download so I reinstalled the app.  Now when I try to login I receive the error: "fitbit.com is unavailable."  The app was working last night before bedtime.  I have tried clearing the cache followed by a forcestop and then restarting my device but no success.  I'm not technically savvy and I don't know what else to do.

Best Answer

My Charge 2 stopped syncing to the app on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra last night at 9 PM Pacific Time.

This morning I tried all kinds of things: turning Bluetooth on and off, resetting the Charge 2, and even re-setting the device up again. I got as far as the app asking me to re-enter the numbers from the device, which it accepted and then found the device.

But on the Power On button, it starts Searching and then asks me to Try Again, which I've done many times.

On one of the screens it also said momentarily that Fitbit.com is down.

What do I do?

Is the website really down?  How can I check website status?  When will I know when it's up again?

Best Answer

I was getting issues with syncing so i uninstalled the app after updating it, however after re-installing and trying to log back in i get 'fitbit.com is unavailable, please try again later error message'.

I have now installed an older version 3.30 as recommended by other users as i have a Huwawei p30 pro however this hasn't helped either.

Is the app down?

I am doing a step challenge with work for charity and if i cannot sync then this will effect my results. 

Best Answer

The exact same thing has happened to me. I've been trying all the same steps you have with no success either. 

Best Answer

Having the same issue.only seems to have happened after i updated today!

Best Answer

I'm getting the same thing when attempting to log food "Network is unavailable", along with your message.  Seems a few have had the same issue this morning https://downdetector.com/status/fitbit/

Best Answer

It's been dead all morning, but not a word from fitbit that I've seen. Sometimes it has the nerve to give me a "no internet connection" error instead. Well, here I am on my supposedly non-existent connection.

Sure would be nice if I could at least get into the app to log things locally without relying on a constant connection to their flaky servers...

Best Answer

Full message "Network operation failed"

"Fitbit.com is unavailable please try again later"

Then the option to cancel or retry.  Seems to be working on and off, also very slow when it does connect.

Best Answer

My dashboard is not loading, and I just get grey circles turning.  My app won't load up fully, and won't sync to the tracker.  I get a message on my app saying that it can't connect to the servers.

Best Answer

My phone can't connect to the FitBit server at all. I couldn't get my data or premium channels at all this morning. It was saying "can't connect to FitBit servers." I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, and now it won't even log in. It says "can't connect to FitBit.com, try again later." I'm having so many issues with my FitBit device and the solutions for the problems I've had are complicated and I keep having to re-do the entire setup process. I just got it two days ago and I've already had to uninstall and reinstall the FitBit device twice. Customer service doesn't seem to care that this is a huge inconvenience.

Best Answer

Is there a problem logging on to Fitbit? I have tried turning off and on cleaning and clearing data but nothing worked so is Fitbit website down today? 

Best Answer

Affects me too, however, I was able to log my indoor cycling and my food intake on the website.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't log anything

Best Answer

Inspire 2 wouldn't sync this morning.... followed all suggestions already given on the forums... restarted the fitbit, deleted the app, restarted my phone... etc. etc. etc. Now the App won't let me log in on my phone, or my ipad, even after resetting the password on my computer. I still can't get a full dashboard to load on my PC... 

with the issues i'm having this morning and the poor design of the Inspire 2 i'm ready to go to another brand. 

(why would you put buttons on the sides of the device that would prompt it to go into do not disturb and other settings? why? and telling me to change where i wear the device isn't a solution to poor design, sorry, not sorry) 

Best Answer

Same here. Had a problem opening the website yesterday. I wish FitBit would put out a message on their site explaining their issues. Hopefully it is as simple as server maintenance. And just when I was getting back into my fitness groove!

Best Answer

Hi Both my husband and I have fitbits and today neither his app nor mine are responding, I had never had any issues before. Is it a general problem? 

Best Answer