Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

OMFG. Problem not solved. Instead they make the UI less informative and less user friendly. I was contemplating upgrading to Charge 3. I am not going to if this does not get fixed. Logging on mobile is already a pain, and now website logging is an exercise in frustration. Bad move fitbit. On to the live chat!

Edit: while in live chat I reloaded the logging and it went back to the old version. According to the agent, they did not change anything, so this appears to be random. Otherwise they were extremely unhelpful, waffling on about browser versions (while that obviously did not change during the conversation) and posting on the forums (which I already did, as you can plainly see here :P). There is no way to toggle which version you get on your end. Supremely annoying, but I am glad I have the old one back at least temporarily. 

Best Answer
I always got the same display on my iPad as I get on my desktop computer, but last night, the food log was gone. I can't find the "meals" I created as shortcuts to my log, nor the display that shows what foods I've added to the log by meal type, e.g. breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, after dinner, anytime, etc. How can I restore the original display?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the fix is only temporary.  i tweeted fitbit and they responded that from now on we will only be seeing macronutrients in percentage on the new food logging page. stating that "they're constantly striving to improve fitbit products, which sometimes results in existing products changing."

Hopefully they realize how awful this change is and how much they missed the mark on this one.  And hopefully they can add it to the App but that may be asking too much.

Best Answer
Thank you for bringing back the old food log. I was not able to correctly log my food in the new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Complained to chat rep, and randomly my browser reverted to the old style. According to the rep, they did nothing. Otherwise no helpful comments. Random luck? Hope it holds, as the new thing is less informative and horrible to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do hope they rethink as they are not improving anything by removing vital data from us - percentages mean nothing when you diet plan need you to know how many grams of fat, protein and carbs you eat - whats the percentage of (only the total of what you eat - it means nothing) I think if the put it back to the new again there will be a riot - they MUST listen to the customer as what they think is improving is actually doing the brand more damage - I am already looking at other products to see which ones have a better rep for giving the customer what they want not some idealist who thinks they know whats required - it may look good but without the information they have nothing

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Complained to chat rep, and randomly my browser reverted to the old style. According to the rep, they did nothing. Otherwise no helpful comments. Random luck? Hope it holds, as the new thing is less informative and horrible to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for listening FitBit - now I can track my nutrition, and especially Sodium intake, again.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Well that was the fastest customer service response I've ever seen—from ANY company. I'd just finished posting my own rant about the new food log and predicted Fitbit would not listen to complaints. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

However, don't get too confident they will not change it up again. The main take away from the complaints, at least to my observation, was that users wanted the breakdown of nutrients in grams, which they could only get from the old web app. If they can incorporate that data into the new UI they might just change it back to the new layout. If you like the Web app the way it is overall, let them know!!

Best Answer

Thank you for fixing a mistake made Oct/1/2018.

We NEED to be able to see fats, fiber, sodium, protein, simple and complex carbs in GRAMS.
We NEED to be able to see each individual, instance when logging water for the day.
We NEED to be able to log our food in an easy and informative way.

We NEED to be able to log meals days in advance.
We need to see as much USEFUL information as possible not giant graphs built for phone users.

I am RELIEVED to see we have the above info available again.

My wife(34 years young) and I(46 years young) bought into the fitbit with a pair of charge 2 watches in April 2017. I was 365lbs and my wife was 265lbs. The info provided by the website food logging has helped us transform ourselves. I now weigh 217lbs and my wife weighs 170lbs and our journey continues....

My message to Fitbit is "Why change something that gets effective results?" I mean, 148lbs and 95lbs weight loss is not proof enough that things are just fine the way they are now?

Thanks again, Fitbit, for reverting to the system that works and please smack the idiot that talked all of you into changing it.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Thank you, fitbit, for changing it back.  Please don't do that to us again.  

Best Answer

Thank you Fitbit for putting this back the way it was.  I really like tracking my food on the same site as my exercise, and really like the old interface.  So glad I don't have to switch!

Best Answer

I personally called to thank Fitbit for reverting, but would also like to express my thanks again!

..... Now if only we could get macros listed by grams on the APP....

Best Answer

"We didn't do anything and unless you took a screen shot you can't prove anything." That's FitBit "Customer Service" for ya!

Best Answer

Thanks for putting the old Dashboard back.  It works nicely for most of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you get 10k users here and start a twitter rant and they change it back!  In the future dont complain here go straight to twitter.  They freak out and respond faster because more people see the issue.

Best Answer

Hi all this seems to be a point on contention lol, check this link also https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/New-Food-Logging-Interface-is-HORRIBLE/m-p/298...

Not sure if they will listen though - they didn't with the new mobile dashboard and the half scree freeze and background colour to mention a couple of point that was brought up so I wont hold my breath for this..

@Dommelit Hi and Welcome - have you tried the following link it seems to be the busiest on this subject: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/New-Food-Logging-Interface-is-HORRIBLE/m-p/2980...

@Majhong Hi - just to point you to what looks like the busiest thread on this subject - might be worth a look and a vote or 2 on some of the comments: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/New-Food-Logging-Interface-is-HORRIBLE/m-p/2980...

Unfortunately other source that have use of twitter have said that its only temporary it will be returning to the monstrosity in the future: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/BRING-BACK-OLD-FOOD-LOGGING-FORMAT/m-p/2981441#...

Check johnnyreach comment

I hope it does stay the old way but they have a rep for not caring about what we want.

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

A big +1 to everything MattFL said! Thank you for bringing back the old dashboard -- for listening to your customers and reacting so promptly. And yes, in future updates please keep the nutrition data central to the food log!

Best Answer

Thank you so much Fitbit!  I am beyond thrilled!

Best Answer
0 Votes