Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General issues with Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Inspire 2. Has been difficult to sync from beginning. Wouldn’t sync at all today. Did all the self help fixits. Now it won’t even switch on never mind pair or sync. 
Inspire 2 is totally useless. As is customer support. 

will never buy another Fitbit 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,025 REPLIES 1,025

I agree! Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dashboard suddenly displays calories at the top instead of steps. I have tried the Edit button and there doesn't seem to be any way to add steps back. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

FitBit Community members are posting in numerous threads that the app is not working right now. It's not a new update, it's a broken app. This seems to be affecting everyone. Hopefully fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BreeZerker , Fitbit usually posts an update (often by a pink banner at the top of every page in the Community) in the unusual circumstance, as today, where there is such a widespread issue.  I would check back later for an update or confirmation that everything is fixed.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

All of a sudden this morning, my Inspire HR will not sync. I have updated software on my phone, checked for a device update, restarted my phone, restarted the app, disconnected my Bluetooth, and forgotten and repaired the device and nothing is working. It will sync for a few seconds and then the data disappears. Is anyone else having this issue? I’m wondering if it’s a bug they need to fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is also happening to me. I have tried everything. Hopefully they will push out an update. I just recently updated my app and that’s when this all began. I cannot even reset to get the smiley face screen. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Did exactly the same thing. Disconnected my Charge 5 from the app and now it refuses to set it back up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit Community members are posting in numerous threads that the app is not working right now. It's not a new update, it's a broken app. This seems to be affecting everyone. Hopefully fixed soon.

Best Answer

Hi, @scottlilley , this is not an issue with your Fitbit or your app!  This appears to be a global issue at Fitbit’s end, affecting all users around the world, as far as I can tell, and hopefully will be sorted out very soon.  In the meantime there isn’t anything you need to do except check back later for any updates or confirmation that everything is fixed.

Best Answer

Hi, @scottlilley! Many people are having problems with the app being down right now (or half functional). Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Mine is messed up also - no more heart rate stats, etc.  Glad to see its a central issue and not just me, as I tried hard resetting everything and it didn't fix the issue.

Best Answer

Was showing about 4k steps, nest time I looked on app, only calories showing and my workweek hustle showing im on zero steps. Whats going on?????

Best Answer

Earlier this morning my Fitbit app dashboard was how I had it set up and now it’s changed to calories instead of step count as the top thing. And the edit option in the top right isn’t listing it as an option to add back. My sleep and active minutes are also missing and there isn’t a way to add them back either. 

Best Answer

I’m experiencing the same issues. Also it’s not syncing 

Best Answer

Hi, @YEM , this is not an issue with your Fitbit or your app!  This appears to be a global issue at Fitbit’s end, affecting all users around the world, as far as I can tell, and hopefully will be sorted out very soon.  In the meantime there isn’t anything you need to do except check back later for any updates or confirmation that everything is fixed.

Best Answer

hi, @EBaby and @Pammy0217 , this is not an issue with your Fitbit or your app!  This appears to be a global issue at Fitbit’s end, affecting all users around the world, as far as I can tell, and hopefully will be sorted out very soon.  In the meantime there isn’t anything you need to do except check back later for any updates or confirmation that everything is fixed.

Best Answer

Send to be a worldwide issue with the app sync right now

Best Answer

I opened my app today to notice it's only showing calories and not steps. Followed all the forum help of how to disconnect and reset fitbit, it now won't pair and constantly shows incorrect code or error connecting and now I can't get onto live chat to get any help.

Best Answer

Hi, @Hamcclin! Many people are having problems with the app being down right now (or half functional). Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

My app won’t sync. Tried troubleshooting no good. Tried customer service chat but it says error? Anyone tried the chat customer service?? 

Best Answer