Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a Question about FitBit App friends

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

so me and my buddy are on the friend list I watch our leader boards regularly see if I am staying ahead of my work out buddy. But the leader board numbers have me confused! what are they? for starters. I used to be about 88,000 my buddy was around 11,000 he now at 33,000 and i am at now 68,938 why is mine going down his going up we work out together we do same exact work outs and I also have another work out I do latter in the day so I actually put in a lot more work then my buddy past few days and it seems like my numbers are dropping faster please explain to me how it works? what being calculated up? how to increase and decrease those numbers? thank you for any help my fellow Battle Buddies

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Odyssey13 , nice to see you around! Thank you for the information provided. 

You are right on your statement. The leaderboard shows the amount of steps of the last 7 days. 

@Converse , nice to see you around. I get where your doubt comes from. 

Do you have by any change activated MobileTrack on your Fitbit app? You can check it when you tap on your profile picture. There You'll see the liste of Fitbit devices and features paired to your account. 

If so, please remove MobileTrack from the list. (Just tamp on it and afterwards you'll see the trashcan icon.)

Sometimes the data from MobileTrack overwrites the data tracked by a watch or tracker. So that you see on your watch that you made e.g. 200 steps, but MobileTrack (data registered by your phone) only tracked 50, on the app will be only 50 registered after you sync your tracker/watch.

See you around.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Converse . When you look at the leaderboard, it's showing you the past seven days of steps. Each day the numbers will go up or down, based on that. You may have had a few days where you didn't do as many steps, so it would lower the total of those seven days. Does that make sense?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

ok thank you for the explanation but my steps have only gotten much more aggressive I am doing better each day so it should be rising up instead it been going down past few days and i put about 5k more steps on those days then the previously ones I used to only do 10k a day now i choose to do 15k a day so seems weird my numbers are dropping. But thank you for the explanation I do appreciate it.

Best Answer

Hi @Odyssey13 , nice to see you around! Thank you for the information provided. 

You are right on your statement. The leaderboard shows the amount of steps of the last 7 days. 

@Converse , nice to see you around. I get where your doubt comes from. 

Do you have by any change activated MobileTrack on your Fitbit app? You can check it when you tap on your profile picture. There You'll see the liste of Fitbit devices and features paired to your account. 

If so, please remove MobileTrack from the list. (Just tamp on it and afterwards you'll see the trashcan icon.)

Sometimes the data from MobileTrack overwrites the data tracked by a watch or tracker. So that you see on your watch that you made e.g. 200 steps, but MobileTrack (data registered by your phone) only tracked 50, on the app will be only 50 registered after you sync your tracker/watch.

See you around.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

thank you for that info it explains a lot i have accendintly used mobiletrak a few times on two different phones just messing with setting but i probably walked around a few steps while it was on so that definitely could have screwed up my numbers  I will be deleting it asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes