Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide from Rankings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help me I am trying to hide myself from the rankings. I have searched this group and see where the hide/show me button is in preferences but I do not have that option. The only thing listed in my preferences is the country. I dont have the friends option or the other one that I have seen on here. I have the fitbit one and the blaze.. any input would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

I just posted it to the idea board...go vote for it!  The more votes, the better chance: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/add-the-hide-me-back/idi-p/1644084#M84470

Best Answer

Hope you're having a good one! Woman Very Happy

@Phunster You will find the specific Feature Sequestion if you click here, thanks to @SunsetRunner suggestion.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks @YojanaFitbit, that thread was added after I asked. 🙂

Best Answer

This is incorrect. I have friends that are Unranked/inactive, but use it daily.  They do not have the option to switch it back to Show Me on Rankings list.  Please fix this

Best Answer

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback @Odoyle_Rules and welcome to the Forums! Some recent changes have been made to the public profile/user settings. We’re in the process of improving the overall Fitbit experience, sorry for the inconvenience! As @MarreFitbit mentioned previously this option has being removed. So new users and users who had this setting set to "Show Me" will no longer see this option. Users who have this setting as "Hide Me" will still see this setting. If, however, these users select "Show Me," this setting will then disappear. You can use the "Privacy Settings" to decide what to show in your profile.

You can place your vote here in our Feature Suggestions board, if you think it is a useful option to have it implement in future updates. As I told you those changes were done to improve Fitbit experience, Fitbit didn't mean to cause discomfort when changing to improve. Using this Forum is the best way to make your voice heard. Add your votes and comments hereSmiley Wink

Hope this help! Let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

If one is shown as 'unranked'  how does one change that?  All the answers I can find refer to a 'preferences' tab in the settings menu.  But there is no such tab. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @nathanX! I'd like to know where you can see "unranked", can you please send an screen shot. I know that you have the option "Preferences" in the phone setting for iOS. But I'd prefer to see what is showing your phone before doing anything else. Smiley Embarassed

I'll be around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for the response. It's on the 'friends' tab once you click the 'show inactive'.  However the one inactive friend is definitely active, and can't find the preferences tab that you mention.  Can you describe exactly how to navigate to it on the iphone app?

Best Answer

@nathanX -- sometimes it takes a day or two for someone who has been inactive for a while to show back up on our "active" friends list.  Inactive generally means no movement at all for several days and is often because the user has stopped wearing or stopped sycning the fitbit. 

Can your friend still see you on his or her account?

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

They're continually active, use the fit bit and regularly sync.  They see me in their friends list (as active).  All their friends (not just me) see them as inactive, and have for some time. There's no difference between the two of us in the permissions that are visible on the web site page (how visible various attributes are).

Best Answer
Nathan, they will never get our issue. There was a change made way back where you can no longer change it from 'Show me' to 'hide me.' They say that the user can change it if it was on Hide Me, but this is false. I've tried to get a logical response from anyone there, but it's just a run around.  Just about as good as their stock.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Best Answer

Have a great day guys! Thank you @Baltoscott and @Odoyle_Rules for jumping in! Heart

Thanks for the details @nathanX, I double check this information and our friend @Baltoscott, is right when you're not active or you haven't sync lately, you appear as "Unranked" in Android phones, and in iOS devices you appear as "Not recently active". Smiley Frustrated

If your friend is active and is currently syncing, advise him to take a look of the Settings on Fitbit.com, to check "Privacy" information. Also if your friend has the option "Hide me" under "Personal information" advised him/her to change it to "Show me". 

"Preferences" tab is on iOS devices to allow "Call and Text messages", so this is not something that will help. Smiley Embarassed

Have a great day and let me know if you have more doubts. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit, posts crossed 🙂

'If your friend is active and is currently syncing, advise him to take a look of the Settings on Fitbit.com, to check "Privacy" information. Also if your friend has the option "Hide me" under "Personal information" advised him/her to change it to "Show me". '

As I said, they are continually active and regularly sync, we have already looked at the privacy page on the web setefitbit.png.  There is no difference in their privacy settings than mine.  Neither shows a 'Show Me' option.  (see screen shot of their screen) Can you post a screen shot of where you are seeing this option?

thanks,

Best Answer

@nathanX -- the show me/ hide me option is no longer available, unless, supposedly (see @Odoyle_Rules comment), the user had "hide me" selected before the software was update some months ago.  The screen shot you provided doesn't show the option, so that does not appear to be the issue.

Before contacting "support," your friend could try a few things to reset the current set-up so it work correctly.

1.  Change some of the categories from "friends" to "everyone," and see if that has any effect.  (Afterward your friend could change back to "friend."

2.  Delete and reinstall the fitbit apps wherever they are currently installed.  (Sync before doing so).  

If that doesn't work, contact support so they can look more deeply into the account.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Lovely to here @nathanX! Thaks for getting back with those details. Your friend needs to check on the "Profile Settings", even though the option is not available for users anymore, at this time the only ones who still have this option are the users that saved their profile as "Hide Me" so he/she can change it to "Show Me", (in case that is applicable for him/her)  but once  this change is made the option will be automatically removed. Robot Embarassed

I agree with @Baltoscott, about contacting Customer Support so they can further investigate your friend case. Smiley Wink

Wish you good luck, and keep me posted on the resolution please! Heart

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit,Are you referring to the App on iOS or the web site? Can you show a screen shot?  On the web site, there doesn't seem to be a page called 'Profile Settings'.  There's a 'Settings page' and a 'view Profile' link therein, but neither have a 'Show Me' button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you're doing great @nathanX! Of course, allow me to give you all the details. You go to your Fitbit.com page online and log in into your account you can click here to go there. Then click on "Settings", in the upper right corner. And finally look into "Personal Info". If it is not there then is because should be placed already in "Show me" but the option is not there anymore.  For example in mine I don't have it see the picture: 

Settings.png

Personal info.png

I think that if you already checked all the information provided here and still you have your friend as "Unranked", it's best to get in touch with a Fitbit representative to further investigate. Smiley Embarassed

Keep me posted on the resolution please! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I have the problem that I had the setting on "hide me" previously but have now no way of changing this to "show me" in either the Web or Android app. So can you give me exact details on where to get to this setting to allow the appearance on friend rankings as hours of searching has not gotten me anywhere.

Best Answer

Hope you’re enjoying the forums @Tomi7, and welcome! If you already checked the "Settings" in your Dashboard and you have visible your information for your "Friends" in the sections "Privacy". It's best to contact Customer Support so they can further investigate, I'm sure they'll be happy to assist you.

Please keep me posted on the resolution since this is not normal! Smiley Frustrated

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to be able to change myself back to 'SHOW ME' but I do not have the option to do this as this post says I should. I had only chosen to hide myself when my Fitbit broke and I wanted to stop receiving all the challenge requests while my weekly steps dwindled during the 7 days it would take to have my account show itself as inactive.

Best Answer