Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide from Rankings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help me I am trying to hide myself from the rankings. I have searched this group and see where the hide/show me button is in preferences but I do not have that option. The only thing listed in my preferences is the country. I dont have the friends option or the other one that I have seen on here. I have the fitbit one and the blaze.. any input would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

I have replied to your PM sweetie, catch you there @jdbrown81

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I wish Fitbit would bring back the Unrank option. I have a form of CLL that was diagnosed after I started using Fitbit. I went from a healthy runner type person to someone that cannot keep up with my old self, and the rankings are just demoralizing. I like Fitbit because it gives me incentive to keep as active as I can, and to keep track of HR, Sleep, Badges, etc. but I would like to keep myself unranked. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @SharonKP! Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm sorry to read about your health condition, I hope you can receive all the help and support that you need from your beloved ones! About Fitbit not having the Unrank option, we have been receiving feedback about it and there is already a suggestions for that option in our Feature Suggestions Board. Read more about it in this thread: Add the "Hide Me" from friends ranking back!

Add your votes and comments there. This board is constantly being reviewed by our devs to make sure we are delivering on what our customers need. Fitbit is always striving to improve!

Thanks for your patience!  Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

This actually really upsets me. How is this secure if our settings are supposed to ONLY be viewable by us, and nobody else... yet we're still shown in the rankings? That's not secure.... Do I need to unfriend every one of my friends? That seems extreme, and I shouldn't have to do that.

Best Answer

Sadly that's exactly what I had to do - I unfriended every one of my friends.  I was dealing with an injury and could not remove myself from the rankings, and discussions on here led me to realize that was my only option.  My enthusiasm for my FitBit has decreased significantly since having to do that, especially since I feel I now cannot add my friends back.  I'm still using my FitBit for now, but I suspect I'm not going to be replacing it once it runs its course.

Best Answer

Thanks for replying @Phunster and @DNK2Thanks a million for participating in the forums and for your patience! 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

I'd like to let you know that our team is working hard on a fix. However, I wouldn't like giving you any false expectations or misleading info. We know that this is something that our users need and want, that's why our devs and engineers are always reviewing the Feature Suggestion boards.

Keep an eye to the idea for updates! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I add my rankings to my friends status?AndJ Fitbit ranking.png

This is how I show in their rankings, as an inactive friend.

Best Answer

@AndrewJax wrote:

How do I add my rankings to my friends status?AndJ Fitbit ranking.png

This is how I show in their rankings, as an inactive friend.

I have the exact same problem. So far no solution and it has been 2 months for me. 

Good luck to you.

Best Answer

It's very, very frustrating that users can no longer hide themselves from the leaderboards/friend lists. While I normally have a decent daily step count, I'm currently dealing with cancer that limits my ability to walk. Some days, I can walk 5k steps, and other days, I can only walk 500 steps. This means I am *constantly* at the bottom of the leaderboards, and that is discouraging. I'm trying to get better, and seeing that everyone knows I'm not (and seeing for myself that I am not)? It's really making me rethink if I should be using Fitbit in general. After 3 problems with the Charge 2 (I've now switched back to the far more reliable Fitbit One), and a CSR deactivating my original account to "reset my Charge 2 device," I'm so frustrated.

Can someone please just add back the "hide me" feature for those of us trying, if possible, to rebuild our strength and not feel badly about circumstances beyond our control? It's not a complicated thing to add, I would assume, especially since it was available up until about 3-4 months ago. It was helpful for those of us who need a break and don't want to feel badly about that. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi just checked my setting in my dashboard.  In the privacy section I have the option to  'hide' my rankings from friends, etc.  Would this help?

Best Answer

Hi everybody! Hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Cat Happy

Thanks a million for your feedback, this is very useful for us, thanks a lot for reporting the issue with Ranking friend list. We might have to wait a for the next update of the Fitbit App to see if this helps. In the meantime, let me take the feedback and let's wait. These types of bugs are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop.

@J-flex You can give it a try, in case you have that option. As with the last update for the Fitbit Dashboard some options were removed and updated.

Hopefully, it will get resolve soon, thanks for your patience! 

Best Answer

Hi! Unfortunately, I don't have the option to hide in my privacy settings. Will that be restored? I'm curious - it seems like such an odd thing to remove when it was a practical tool for some people. Unfortunately, not all of us are physically able to walk 10,000 steps a day, as much as we would like to!

So no, no "hide" feature for me. When the site was redesigned, I guess that was eliminated. I keep looking, but alas - my pathetic, oxygen-deprived step count is still out in the open for all to see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why some don't have this option when I see this option. In your setting option ( the little gear thingy on the top right) on the Fitbit dashboard there is a privacy selection.  In this section you can have some control over what is public or private.

Best Answer

J-flex, I don't understand why, either. I used to have the ability to hide my rankings, but that changed around December or January. I still have a lot of other privacy settings, but that one is completely gone. It's a shame it's been eliminated - I went from walking 8k a day, losing 60 pounds, and really busting myself to getting sicker from cancer and walking 2-3k a day if I'm lucky. I reached my goal with weight, but fitness is for life, and seeing myself slip? It's discouraging. So taking away a privacy feature that promotes "competing" instead of personal fitness is unnecessary. Maybe they'll bring it back at some point, though (or at least I hope that they do).

Best Answer

I have a Support case because some are working and some aren't. Some invoke privacy when Global is set, others stay on Global when you have set privacy as you are finding out and some work perfectly.

It's another bug...BUT...... I just went in and edited my "Personal Info" "About me" and now all of my privacy settings are working as expected, except Gender, Height and Birthday. This is the Support case currently in the system.  I can toggle all of the others on and off and view the results in another account.

Maybe updating the and forcing you to submit and physically update has done a little more in the background.  Weird.....

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Support just confirmed that the opt in/out of rankings feature is broken (missing) now. no ETA on a fix or even if they intend to fix it, but they are aware it has left many accounts in a broken state.

i disable friend-rankings in the winter. i have been doing this for a few years now. i tried to opt in this week and found that i am perma-out due to this bug.

rankings IMO is the only real motivational feature of this app. please fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @bsgsix@J-flex and @SunsetRunner! Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this thread! Cat Happy

I wanted to apologized for the inconvenience you're having with this changes, as mentioned before those changed have been done to improve Fitbit Customer experience. Our team is always working on create new ways to motivate our users. Sorry that we've found a bump on the road, but I wanted to ask you a little bit of patience; we're still working on improve our services! You can request for this option here:  Add the "Hide Me" from friends ranking back! 

Thanks for the explanation @Colinm39! Add your votes and comments there.  Fitbit is always striving to improve!

I'll be around! Robot Happy

Best Answer

Back at the beginning of the year, you claimed you were working hard to fix the problem of people being hidden, but no way to unhide.  That's still the case, so I conclude that either you're not infact working on fixing the bug, or even worse, you don't know how to fix the bug (heck, a bespoke SQL query on your database should be able to flip this now-inaccessible field).

[quote]Sorry that we've found a bump on the road, but I wanted to ask you a little bit of patience; we're still working on improve our services! You can request for this option here:  Add the "Hide Me" from friends ranking back! [/quote]

This is not what is being complained about.  The bug is that users are hidden and cannot unhide.  Not that they are visible and would like to be hidden.

When are you going to fix the bug?

Best Answer

you may want to pin that thread to the top. so this thread existed when i called customer support and i was not at that time directed to this thread even. just by chance and a fourm post i found it.

confirmed, feature will not be added back anytime soon unless 5000+ people ask for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you're doing great @nathanX and @SunsetRunner! Thanks for adding your comments to this thread! Robot wink

Actually you're right about that @nathanX, I was very interested in solving the inquiries in regards why some users had the option and some other not. Now, if you check previous comments, it was mentioned, "that  this option had been removed. So new users and users who had this setting set to "Show Me" will no longer see this option. Users who have this setting as "Hide Me" will still see this setting. If, however, these users select "Show Me," this setting will then disappear. You can use the "Privacy Settings" to decide what to show in the profile."

My apologies if my answer caused confusion. We're taking the feedback and comments to improve our services!

I'll be around! Woman Happy 

Best Answer