Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Challenges be set up for Groups?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see "Challenges" through my Android phone app and can add Friends to a Challenge I set up. However, how can I set up a Challenge on behalf of a Group I created? I don't see the option anywhere on my phone app or desktop Dashboard.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @Guy_M, I'm glad to see you around in the community. Note that for activity groups you are not able to set specific challenges like you do on your mobile app. The activity group is to have a healthy competition between the members with out a set target but to challenge them who is able to achieve more steps during the month; just to give you an example.  However, for me it sounds like a great suggestion. So I invite you to make your voice heard and share your thoughts in our feature suggestion boardIf you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments.

Happy stepping and see ya later my friend. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello there @Guy_M, I'm glad to see you around in the community. Note that for activity groups you are not able to set specific challenges like you do on your mobile app. The activity group is to have a healthy competition between the members with out a set target but to challenge them who is able to achieve more steps during the month; just to give you an example.  However, for me it sounds like a great suggestion. So I invite you to make your voice heard and share your thoughts in our feature suggestion boardIf you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments.

Happy stepping and see ya later my friend. Robot wink

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi there - I'm completely new to fitbit, so apologies for the numpty question.  I want to set up a group for around 40 users (my work colleagues) and set a challenge to achieve a certain number of steps (~30,000,000) collectively for Charity over a three month time period.

I see that I can set up a group - but it looks like I can't set a 'unique' challenge for that big a number of people/that long a time period.

Is there any way to do this, bar manually tracking and logging the steps each month?

Best Answer
My Feature Request for Group Challenges :https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Group-Challenges/idi-p/1106364
Please vote folks!
Best Answer
@Jane_R there isn't a way to set Group Challenges at the moment - please vote my Feature Request above.
You could investigate the Fitbit Corporate Wellbeing options but my company has that and I wouldn't particularly recommend it as participants can't see other individuals, just overall positions.
Doing as you suggest and simply setting up a Private group would work fine for 30 people, just make sure you set an alarm for 23:59 on the last day of the month to screenshot and text scrape the steps leaderboard!
Best Answer
I just voted. I dont neccesarily want to have to create anactivity group, just being able to permanently save a challenge list so we can have an ongoing weekly challenge without losing people if they opt out one week or the mess created when members lost track of which challenge was the one they were asked to NOT Re-challenge, to let Nilzed (or whoever) do it to avoid duplication. But I could work withthis idea!
Best Answer

Is this still the case for groups? I would like to set up challenges through a group if at all possible.

Best Answer

Hi @Guy_M and @Klm good to see you again. Also I would like to give a warm welcome to @Jane_R and @alkovacs29.

@Guy_M it seems your idea has become very popular! I just voted too for your suggestion. Robot wink Also if you are interested in having challenges in activity groups is better if you post an individual idea so its more easy to noticed for our teams.

@Jane_R@alkovacs29  at the moment this feature is not available. You can create Activity groups in your online-Dashboard but as a friendly competition without challenges. The Challenge option is only for the Fitbit app. In this case you can visit the following idea Challenges on web Dashboard to show your support of what you would like to see implemented.

@Klm based on your feedback, I really liked your suggestion. If this is something in which you're interested, feel free also to visit the feature suggestion board and contribute with your own idea. This is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future! Also thank you for supporting the idea of other users.

I appreciate all your contribution to improve the Fitbit experience. Stay awesome fellows!

Best Answer

It's been over a year and this is still not available.  Come on Fitbit, get moving on this.  There are obviously a lot of people that want it.

Best Answer

Any updates on this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes