Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I Delete Day 1 Data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Charge HR, set it up, and plugged it in for charging. I did this a little before midnight, so it has counted that first day (which was basically nothing) as a few steps, which is factored into my average.

How can I delete that first day of data so my averages will actually reflect my real activity?

Thanks,

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Due to the nature of the question asked in this thread: "How can I delete Day 1 Data", I would like us to move away from whether or not the question matters, to either A) A solution exists, here is the actual solution, or B) No solution exists.

I'd be happy to wax philosophical all day long on the nature of things and what should or should not matter - the reductio ad absurdum answer being, in the words of the great Freddie Mercury, "NOTHING really matters" -- or EVERYTHING matters, but this thread isn't really the place. I've got a full head of blonde hair, not a grey one in sight, I would simply like an actual solution, and it should be this hard. 

Best Answer

Here's my thought... since there is clearly no real solution to just deleting the day... which there absolutely should be, because like pretty much everyone else... I turned mine on in the evening and it messes up my average...

So... my simple solution... find your average without that day as well as you can.. then subtract the number from that first day from your average number... then add walking activity like they suggest with driving... but make it walking to add the difference.  At least that's what I did and I'm more pleased with that result...  until there's a real solution... messing with averages drives me insane.

Best Answer

Update... this has added the steps to that first day on my activities tab but I haven't seen it update my average or lifetime steps yet... could be a data processing lag thing... will keep an eye on it and report back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Any solutions to this issue? Or is it still the same status?

Best Answer

I thought about this and I think a possible workaround would be to ADD steps to the first day that equate to what you believe is your rough average. While it is not an ideal option and FitBit should create a way to remove the partial data from the first day, adding what is roughly your average will ensure that you are getting the correct overall number.

Hope this helps...

Nan

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit inspire stopped recording "Recent Excercise" on my dashboard correctly. The recent exercise says 1/19/2021 today is 1/28/2021. I called for help the person said to restart device (which I did) and after exercise the dashboard would read correctly.  It is still wrong. Can you tell me what to do to get the correct data displayed. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your app. Click on your face and scroll down to 'Account settings'. 

On account settings, select 'delete data'. Here you will be able to manually delete any day you like. 

Beware, make sure your confirming the correct day/year 

Best Answer
0 Votes