Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is showing a very incorrect step count.  It seems to have just added today's steps on to yesterday's total and is increasing.  I've tried syncing it loads of times and charging it but its not making any difference.

All the other values (km, cals, time etc) are correct, its just the step count thats way over

Anyone know how to sort this?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry I don't have an answer but mine has done exactly the same today, I had done over 10,000 steps by 6:30am! Syncing isn't working for me either 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you look back in history on this forum you'll find that this has been a recurring problem. For some reason this has happened sporadically on the first of the month.  The last time it happened to me was on April 1st (I thought maybe it was an April Fool's joke.)  I checked the forum then and found that many people had it happen to them, and on other months. It did not happen to me on May 1st.  At that time Fitbit replied that they were working on the problem.  Apparently, it is not solved yet.  Tomorrow it should be fine, but it will probably keep today's count so screws up your overall statistics.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, I couldn't find a way to look back to previous posts about this.  Not sure what the point is of having a Help Forum if you can't look back at past help forums!  Or maybe you can and I just don't know how.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. I'm glad to find that it's a bug and not a setting issue, but it's still a bit annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up today (June 2nd) with 11000 steps, 8km´s and 3000 burned calories 😮

I was trying to find help to reset the problem, so thank you for this information 🙂 Perhaps it´s the same problem you mentioned and I´ll have to wait for tomorrow for things to straighten out in my Alta HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has fixed itself this morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for bringing this up. AS mentioned before, this is an issue that our team is aware of. The trackers should have gone back to working as intended by now. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have an ultra and an alta(nonHR), I use the ultra hiking to get elevation.The sync showed the 12K+ steps, the 44 floors of elevation and 127 minutes of activity. After the sync on the alta, the steps were replaced with 930 😞 very disappointing. I've swapped from one to the other before and it never did this. Anything I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate that Fitbit is aware of this problem....it was aware back in April and, I dare say, before that.  Is there no fix?  Or is this something we just have to accept and live with that our stats will be screwed up the first of the month?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining the Forums @MarieHiker. Hello @mcdonal7.

At this moment we do not have a solution that we could suggest. For the time being, the best option about it would be to create a driving activity to remove some of the steps for that day, so that the totals are much closer to reality.

Hope you find this useful! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes