Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change from "maintain" to "gain" weight on the dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone

Could anyone let me know how to go about changing my weight goal from "maintain" to "gain" on the Fitbit website dashboard please?

I've managed it within the app on my laptop but can't find a way to do it on the website.  I know it's do-able 'cos I changed it from "lose" to "maintain" a couple of months back, but I've lost too much weight now and the nurse wants me to put on 3kg before the start of September.

How do I access that bit of the site please?

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@AmandaGeorge Hey there. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I'm glad to hear that you already updated your goal in the Fitbit app. Once you've updated it there, it should reflect in the online Dashboard too. However, it won't read as gain but as maintain. It's recommendable to check it out in the app instead of the online Dashboard. 

As a side note, you could check this article to learn more about changing your goals in your online Dashboard. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh right, okey dokes @SilviaFitbit.  Why is the app showing that I'm over my calorie budget when I'm eating and moving less this week 'cos I'm self-isolating before going into hospital in 10 days time please?  Surely if I need to gain weight then the graphs should have been blue (because I only ate 1k calories each day) instead of red??

FitbitCaloriesOver.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmandaGeorge Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the screenshot attached. 

It's pretty weird that the app is showing "over target" when you're eating and moving less. I would like you to double check that your food plan  has been updated in your Fitbit app, this to ensure that your calories are properly tracked. 

Also, please check your calories eaten in your online Dashboard to confirm that's the same information in both platforms. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Take care of yourself. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently weight gain isn't supported in the food plan 😕

FitbitGainNotSupported.png

Thank you for trying though, @SilviaFitbit!

Best Answer