Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable insights on the Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't find a setting that controls this.  They are useless and just a pain to have to close out every day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Hello @ilfarmer 

Welcome.....I understand you want to disable the tips and motivational items that pop up in your Fitbit App. Currently there is no way to disable them. You can read more about the messages that appear there here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435

I hope this provides you with an answer to your question 

Best Answer

Answered my question but not happy about it.  Add it to the list of things that need to be changed about the app.

Best Answer

It's not an annoyance, it's a bug. I am unable to dismiss the 'tip'. 

Best Answer
Spoiler

I completely agree.... This is an annoying bug!  Maybe I appreciated the thought the first time, but it gets old quick.  It gets in the way of starting my work out.

Best Answer

You should be able to dismiss the 'tip' by tapping the 'x' in the top right corner 

Best Answer

Yes, I get that.  But it's basically just a pop-up.  It's annoying.

Best Answer

I click the TD before the X in the remote chance they care what the users think about this useful feature.

Best Answer

They should bring back the setting to stop getting the stupid tips. I hate the tips/tricks popup. It's annoying and it's visually jarring.

Best Answer

Please fix this design bug. As written previously, it’s annoying.

Best Answer

You can't stop them. You can dismiss them, but they'll just keep coming back, like spam.

Best Answer

I also hate them and wish Fitbit would give us the option of turning them off. 

Best Answer

FYI - there is a "Feature Suggestions" thread for this annoying feature and it only has 40-something upvotes. Dunno how much the FitBit developers take these into consideration, but here's the thread if you want to upvote or add comments:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Option-to-disable-quot-Fitbit-Today-Insights-quo...

Best Answer

These are incredibly annoying. Is there anyone who wanted this?

Best Answer

I absolutely loathe these, thinking of switching fitness trackers solely because of how irritating these are. Someone please fix this and make it so these can be disabled!

Best Answer

Agree.  The tips and blogs are an annoying nuisance and I would like to turn them off.  I will switch to another device if Fitbit does not provide the option to turn them off!

Best Answer

Has this been fixed? I can’t believe I’m trying to get Fitbit to actually remove annoying pop-ups from within its own app. Besides being wholly useless, the ham-fisted way you block basic access to info by dropping factoids on the main drop page is obnoxious and another strike against the user experience. Try harder.

Best Answer

I agree, these tips are super annoying and I want to turn them off.

Best Answer

I agree. This is totally useless and annoying, like the sleep tips that I also immediately deactivated. 

Best Answer

Add me to the list of people who think this is an annoying 'feature.' They are useless information that I'm not interested in seeing and there should be a way to disable them.

Best Answer