Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable insights on the Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't find a setting that controls this.  They are useless and just a pain to have to close out every day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Fitbit, please hire a UX designer that has actual experience with UX design.

Also, someone who understands what an "end user" is and why their opinion matters.

Best Answer

"Insights" do not provide value to me as a consumer. If anything, they provide negative value because they annoy me, not once or twice, but every time I open the app. It's petty, but it's like I'm constantly being reminded I need to put a cover sheet on my TPS reports. I've had a fitbit for years and it's nearing time to upgrade, but as much as I love fitbit, I'd rather choose wearable tech that doesn't irritate me day in day out, festering into cumulative rage. 

Best Answer

Worse than talking to a brick wall. They haven't just ignored our complaints, they're ratcheting up the spam!

I think they spam me THREE TIMES A DAY NOW! With the same **ahem**ic "insights." Who on earth could possibly want this spam? It's like talking to your dad in 1990, trying to explain the spam concept. 

I can't even imagine they're purpose, but they're contempt for us is clear. We're not they're customers, I guess we're "eyeballs" that someone is getting credit for counting up having seen their nonsense.

Best Answer

Okay then, I will just down-vote every single tip in the hopes that you'll stop harassing me with these repetitive and mostly useless tips.

Best Answer

I'm in year 3 of that approach, sadly it is not working...living with hope though.

Best Answer

I've also been downvoting all the inane and patronizing tips. It does nothing. It still shows me the same ones every day. "Breathing in and out is good!" ""Many people do well if they eat food!" and so on. I hate them. It makes me reluctant to open the app at all.

Best Answer

Right? It's killing us all.

Best Answer

Same. I recently had a week-plus of "no data," yet of course they charged me for this week of premium.

But this absurd and infuriating "feature" that they could easily turn off, nope. (Not just incredibly easier to code, but they HAVE the code. It was initially optional, and they turned that option off, because they decided their users were exceptionally low IQ and needed to be told absurdly-obvious "tips" each day. All they have to do is make that code active again.

These got all the more annoying after they quickly ran out of absurd "tips" and just keep telling us the same obvious things each day: drink water, breathe, wear clothing when it's cold...

Such contempt for us.

Best Answer