Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to track vitamins?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can’t seem to find a way to track my vitamins and have them count toward my vitamin/nutrition intake. I have found some vitamins in the search, but they have no nutritional content available. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HBecks and @SilviaFitbit -

Many over-the-counter supplement manufacturers, like Centrum, as an example, provide a "Supplement Facts" sheets similar to the common Nutritional Facts sheet for foods. I just create a custom food record for them. I also attempt to include the values in all of my custom foods.

An example can be found here:

Centrum Silver For Men 

Is this what you are looking for?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@HBecks A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I've moved your post to this board because it's more related to the topic. 

Currently it's not possible to track vitamins in the Fitbit app or online Dashboard. However this has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HBecks and @SilviaFitbit -

Many over-the-counter supplement manufacturers, like Centrum, as an example, provide a "Supplement Facts" sheets similar to the common Nutritional Facts sheet for foods. I just create a custom food record for them. I also attempt to include the values in all of my custom foods.

An example can be found here:

Centrum Silver For Men 

Is this what you are looking for?

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
Thank you for your response. I will try to create a custom food for my vitamins. I just want to make sure the vitamin D, calcium and iron that I take are reflected in my overall nutrition reporting. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@HBecks -

Just make sure you enter a calorie value - zero is fine - or the entry will error.

Here is Nutrients section of the food page in the iOS app after logging Centrum Silver for tomorrow:

IMG_0370.png

Have fun.

Best Answer
Great! Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd really like to see fitbit have a vitamin tracker on the home screen. I'd like a record of the habit of taking my vitamins daily, just like fitbit allows me to track water, workouts and my cycle.

Best Answer

It's all elementary. Before using any additive, read its composition. Quality products always have the full composition of the supplement, calories, and grams listed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not advise you to use supplements that do not have the composition on their packages. It means that the product is of low quality. In general, I do not feel very strongly about supplements. It's hard to find anything healthy on the market because of the huge piles of low-grade products. The only thing I order from the internet is organic delta 8 gummies. One candy allows me to relax and recover after a day's work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, indeed, most manufacturers make marks on the packaging. For example, on the products of rawsci.com, there are such labels where you can quickly understand the nutritional value of the products.

label example

Best Answer
0 Votes