Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to search groups?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the Fitbit app, you can view, join and create different groups, but I haven’t found a way to search for groups.  

Is there a way to search or can this feature be added? It seems silly to have the ability to create a new group without having the ability to search to see if such a group already exists.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On the PC web page for PC Groups you can search using this link..

https://relliker.com/

@Tanyamar wrote:

I tried to create a group, and that was pointless because it’s a “closed” group. No way to make it an open group. I would like to see a hypothyroidism group... “hint hint”

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Yes I agree It would be nice

I would add this to the features forum. Developers look there for ideas. If it gets the votes it could be added

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

When done come back here and post a link to it. I will vote for it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

You can search for groups in this page: https://relliker.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Jaseph, thanks for stopping by! I agree with @WendyB, I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the idea and leave a comment to show support for it. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Thanks for helping out @ntinos1Robot Very Happy

I've moved your post to Fitbit.com Dashboard as there are more chances to get related replies here.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to create a group, and that was pointless because it’s a “closed” group. No way to make it an open group. I would like to see a hypothyroidism group... “hint hint”

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the PC web page for PC Groups you can search using this link..

https://relliker.com/

@Tanyamar wrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I don’t like the link, it does not look legit. Thanks though

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tanyamar I'm sorry you don't have confidence in the link and I understand.

Many of us have been using it for years and if you need another assurance you can check this link to see if your logons to sites have been compromised.

@Tanyamar wrote:

I don’t like the link, it does not look legit. Thanks though

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have removed the web-based activity groups from Fitbit.com. Our enhanced community features within the Fitbit mobile app provide users with a significantly better experience by allowing them to access fitness-related news and local events, connect and message with friends, discover public groups of like-minded individuals, and create their own private groups. User created groups on the Fitbit app also allow members to track their progress through group leaderboards and cheer each other on, just as they could through the web. The Fitbit mobile app is available for Android and iOS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get how removing this feature has enhanced the Fitbit group experience. More like maimed it.

Best Answer

The relliker link does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Huggy2   Relliker works, shows the groups for a search but as the earlier post from @sessh  is extracted from Relliker because Fitbit have closed access to the older groups.

@Huggy2 wrote:

Best Answer

How do you find closed groups to request joining?  entirely unclear! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lorimhunter   You cannot search the closed groups.  If you know about a specific closed group, then the administrator of a closed group needs to send you an invitation to join.  Here is a link to the Help article that discusses closed groups.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Our enhanced community features within the Fitbit mobile app provide users with a significantly better experience"

Except, no, they don't. Mobile-only access to any network is automatically excluding people. Not all people can tolerate reading and writing on small screens and virtual keyboards, especially if they want to share more than a meme or a hashtag. Making it mobile-only, and cutting off computer users, is making the whole thing feel more like Instagram-meets-Kindling*, rather than an actual health and fitness social support network. Particularly when you see how many people seem to only use the community feed to post photos of themselves in various 'fabletics' outfits or with their faces filtered into faux-model obscurity. Good programming is mobile-adaptive, not mobile-limited. No one should have to install an Android emulator to access their fitness data or connect with the community.

I know my sister had the best of intentions, buying me a Versa 2 when I asked specifically for a device that would let me keep track of the time and my BP, set alarms, play music, etc. from within the swimming pool - I have fibromyalgia, arthritis and bursitis and working out exterior from a warm-water pool is a recipe for a lot of pain. But starting to think Fitbit isn't a good system for people who don't care about goals like weight loss or building up muscle mass. When all you're trying to do is manage chronic health conditions and maintain or incrementally increase mobility and stamina, it seems entirely out of line with your goals. 

*Some of you will have to figure out what word I mean, instead of Kindling, since for some bizarre reason that word is filtered out of this forum while Instagram isn't - and each of those have about as much questionable sexual and dating crap going on as the other.

Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

@Huggy2   Relliker works, shows the groups for a search but as the earlier post from @sessh  is extracted from Relliker because Fitbit have closed access to the older groups.

@Huggy2 wrote:

If the intention of the site is nothing but a search engine that can show the names and descriptions of of private Fitbit groups that you can't access, then it works. But obviously the site's intention was to connect you to groups you'd otherwise be unable to find - and under that definition, it doesn't work. And the header question might only ask about searching, but I think the ability to usefully use that search is certainly implied. Also, the message doesn't say they got rid of "older groups," only web browser access to any of the groups. 

If you could search for a group name once you had it, within the app, it would work. If the page could be accessed via a mobile device, and clicking a group link launched the group in the Fitbit app, then you could say it worked. But I seriously doubt Fitbit is putting out API functionality of that nature - though they should consider it really. Though, if the database could kick out the moderator's name, so you could ask for an invitation via DM, that might at least constitute helping users to reach these groups. But honestly, the private groups are nothing peekaboo playgrounds, unless you can actually them and then subsequently access them. And the relliker website doesn't provide the functionality being sought in this thread. 

Note: If you post a third-party app to a forum like this, you should explain what it is and why it appears to be an unrelated URL. The person who was suspicious had every reason to be, if all someone did was throw out a random URL whose name had no obvious relationship to the topic. Failing to provide some details and context for the link is a giant red flag that it's a malware delivery system.

Best Answer

Unfortunately this no longer works!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Everybitfaster and welcome to the Help forum.  You added your post to a fairly old thread.  I hope I can explain about activity groups.  Fitbit used to have open activity groups on the web dashboard.  Some were very broad, like a Maryland Runner's group.  Some were smaller, like a company group.  Fitbit got rid of these groups.  This is why that link doesn't work.

All activity groups are on the phone app.  You find them by tapping on your Community icon at the bottom of your phone app, then toggle the top bar to Groups.  You can browse the open groups there.  People who want to make family, co-worker, and club groups create Closed Groups.  There is no search function for the closed groups.

This thread is on the web dashboard forum.  Like I said, the web groups don't exist anymore.  How else can we help? 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you go to relliker link,fitbit pops up and says relliker no longer works

Best Answer
0 Votes