Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished replacement not new

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The side of my Charge 4 (8 1/2 months old) snapped off so the strap could not be attached on that side rendering it unusable. Given that the item is clearly defective I assumed Fitbit would replace it with a completely new one not a refurbished. I have  complained but Fitbit keep ignoring my emails. Am I the only one who feels that if a product is defective it should be replaced with a new one and a full warranty? I am beginning to wish I had bought an Apple or Garmin tracker as I am sure I would have been treated fairly.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Purplemomma1 and welcome to the Community forum.  Here is a link to Fitbit's Returns and Warranty page.  The details are in the REMEDIES section.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I won’t shoot the messenger I promise 😂. I did read the warranty terms but really thought that because my Tracker was defective and not through wear and tear Fitbit would honour the 1 year warranty and replace with a new not refurbished one. I can’t tell you how disappointed I am with Fitbit customer services. 

Best Answer

I also have the Charge 4 and it broke -less than a year after purchase- exactly in the way yours did. I was not even exercising, it just fell off my arm, and when I looked the plastic had cracked. They also sent me a refurbished part, and no I am not happy with that. Especially since the warrantee on a refurbished part is less than a new one--- so I am wondering if this preempts the one year warrantee I should have? They also did not replace the bracelet (SMH) which I can't use because I can't get the piece of watch off it. I was super surprised to get the only the watch face in a envelope, so cheap, no bracelet and refurbished. I notice a lot of people are saying their Charge 4 broke this way. It is almost certainly a defect. Another reason I would prefer not to have a refurbished part. It is probably already weak.  

Best Answer

Ah. Yes. My new fitbit was to be under warrantee until August 2022.  The refurbished piece they sent me has only a 90 day warrantee. That will be up in March. So it looks like they got away with reducing the warrantee by 5 months. Nice trick eh?

Best Answer

Same for me, warranty is rubbish 

Best Answer

It gets worse; the refurbished replacement doesn't work properly. There is a limit to how much I want to fight with a company who is determined to not guarantee its product in a meaningful way. I had an old Garmond - it worked perfectly and I was using it before I bought this fit bit. It has outlasted it. It only needed a new wristband which I got for 12$ on amazon. Highly recommend switching to Garmond, their products are superior. I can't say 100% about their customer service because my Garmond has never broken. I did have an issue with the alarm on it and Garmond got back to me in seconds thought. And their web site indicated they will replace a broken product with a new one - not refurbished. I also got charged by fit-bit for a service i never signed up for. Cancelling it was a mess. They would not refund me,. That is a whole other dizzying thread. This company is so awful - just ridiculously awful. I am giving them bad reviews wherever I see their product now because people should know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes