Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Mac) Fitbit Icon Disappears from Taskbar

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are some answers to the icon disappearing from the taskbar, and I know the response to those questions has been to uninstall and then reinstall the Fitbit app. This works, however, I have to do this every single time I sync my Fitbit. It's ridiculous. Is there a better solution to this issue? I've updated everything, and there has been no change. It is not the end of the world, but it is very obnoxious, and I'm hoping there's a more permanent solution.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105
Fitbit seems to almost never fully synch on my Imac w MacOS 10.13.6 and Icon still leaves my Taskbar every month or so, which I "remedy" by fitbit/setup Mac Download again and agree and . . .

To attempt a full synch I already turn off my IPhone Bluetooth, turn off my Bose little speaker bluetooth and place a fairly well charged (but not charging) Fitbit Charge 2 just in front or just behind mid monitor height.

This Fitbit Charge2 is a struggle to synch every few days or so on my Imac where I can see the dashboard and it doesn't burn up my Iphone battery.
Best Answer
Hello,

I do that almost weekly. There are many of us with the same problem. It is
systemic and happens only to Mac users. Please check your configurations.

Thank you
Best Answer

Did that and it is back.  Hopefully it will last.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hope so too! I still hope week after week, this will be it! Until I don't.
I suppose Mac users are a minority not to be missed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @177inthe70s@Walker111 and @DeannaR.

@177inthe70s Maybe you could try to run the set up as if your Fitbit was a brand new device. That can help in getting them to sync. 

@DeannaR Thanks for giving it a shot and letting me know that it seems to be working for now.

@Walker111 Thanks for sharing your feedback on the situation. 

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the solution for Mac Owners?

Best Answer

Buy a different brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a message from Lanuza user support on 9-23 and it has solved my problem. Here is the message

Thanks for sharing that information.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to remove and fully delete the Fitbit Connect software and then download itand install it again, that should help so that it stays in the toolbar. Please give it a shot, it should help.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

I've removed, deleted, and reinstalled many times.  It worked for a while, and then it didn't.  

Best Answer

Yeah, I gave up after installing it several times and having it disappear again. They've been recommending the same 'fix' for months. I don't think the Mac desktop app is a high priority for them. 

Best Answer

Hey everyone.

Thanks for your feedback on the matter.

At this moment we do not have any updates on the situation but I'll try to get some news on it. If I do, I'll be sure to post about them in here.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rather use a typewriter than switch to pc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Walker111,

As another interesting data point, the Windows 10 Fitbit App also allows you to participate in challenges, which you can't do on a typewriter... nor a Mac, for that matter.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I've had the same issue for at least a year and have followed the "fix" instructions several times, however the problem simply reappears.  When will Fitbit have an actual solution for MAC users?  I'm ready to find another option to Fitbit -- this is ridiculous. 

Best Answer
I had the same problem and then a problem with it syncing. Also the data wasn’t aways accurate. I had just recently purchased my second fitbit charge. I got so frustrated with it that I just gave up.
Best Answer

I'm still getting notices of replies to my posts here, but I gave up over a year ago.  I no longer use Fitbit.

Best Answer

Me too. I gave up on Fitbit after a string of mechanical and electronic problems with watches and scales. "Buy the new model, it's better" is not an adequate answer for me. Separating data from fashion, I don't actually need Fitbit hassle

Best Answer

Go to the gear app at the top right of the thread.  Click on it and unsubscribe.   Took me awhile to figure it out, but that should do the trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Please do know that we are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. We do not have anything to announce on the matter.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you! Time goes on and this is tiresome. I am looking into alternative brands.

Best Answer
0 Votes