Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macronutrients in Grams

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone tell me how to view my daily macronutrients in Grams rather then a percentage? 

Thanks! 🙂 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Scotty-P - 

I wish the total recap was on the app so I could track sodium, but I guess space is at a premium.

It the web log page does it for you, may I recommend you flag my post as the solution so others dropping by can benefit immediately without having to search for a solution?

Good luck.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

sggest adding your vote to the request I

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought I saw something in the help menu that said it was possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scotty-P - 

On the web dashboard's Log page, on the food tab - the first tab and it defaults to that tab.

My totals for the macros and other things the other morning right after breakfast.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 10.36.31 AM.png

Hope that helps - and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Thanks Marv!  Much appreciated!  Was hoping to be able to see it on the on the App but will try the webs dashboard!  Cheers and thank you for the welcome as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scotty-P - 

I wish the total recap was on the app so I could track sodium, but I guess space is at a premium.

It the web log page does it for you, may I recommend you flag my post as the solution so others dropping by can benefit immediately without having to search for a solution?

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again, found it and give the info needed.  

Have a great day! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this in the free version?  I’m waiting to track macro grams vs percentage. I don’t see that as an option on the app. I’d tou have premium does it show up on your app?

Best Answer

Anyway we could get this on the App on our phones please? Seems such an easy thing to do!!!

Best Answer

@Drealevine and @Liddy019 -

Only the percentages show on the app - or at least on the iOS app. The actual grams or milligrams do not total out there. However...

I posted the following on the Suggestion Board earlier this year. May I suggest you check it out and see if it is worthy of a vote?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Dynamic-retrieval-and-display-of-all-daily-nutri...

Best Answer

Doesn't show anymore? Suggestions or am I missing something?

Best Answer

Nope, you're not! They just this afternoon updated the food logging page to, apparently, make it look like the analogous page on the app. Unfortunately, this means that all of the additional information we used to be able to see on the web interface is now gone (and to add insult to injury, it looks like they just ported the app interface over without tweaking it at all for display on a larger screen). Some folks who've talked to customer service are saying that the CS folks seem not to have known that this was going to happen; that the update may have been sprung on them too, possibly too early? I guess we're all just hoping that common sense prevails, and the old interface is revived until the new one can be made functional. 🙂

Best Answer

Unfreakin believable!!!

Eeerrrrr

Best Answer

I wonder if seeing the macros in grams will be a "premium" feature.  If that is the case, good bye Fitbit.

Best Answer

yes why would they change this i cant find out how to get my grams instead of percentage we need help.....

Best Answer

Yesterday the dashboard log provided that info, however, for some stupid reason the Fitbit brain trust decided to “update” that log and now everything has changed so that info is only available as a percentage instead of grams. It’s actually a total downgrade. Also, keep in mind that if you calculate the percentages to grams then the grams calculated will be off by a few grams. The percentages have never been accurate which is why the total in grams that used to be provided on the log was a nice feature.

Best Answer

I can't believe the updated Fitbit food log page. Where did the macro nutrients in grams go? It was not available in the app, and now gone from the page? Additionally the nutrient breakdown of the foods I have eaten, I can't seem to find. Collapsing each meal into a single line and forcing us to click to expand, and still not have detailed information.

Was any UX research done before this role out, it is horrible. Please roll back!! 

Best Answer

What is the solution?

Best Answer

Where do I go to see these macros like you posted they changed the website so you can’t see them anymore 

Best Answer

I hope someone figures this out soon... This sucks I'm going crazy need my grams back

Best Answer