Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ability to remove stairs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Don't we need the ability to remove stairs from walking ?

I've just returned from a 30 minute walk on very nearly flat ground. Usually when I use this route, i get zero stairs climbed - it was very windy this morning. Today i have 13 - which is my target for the day.

I don't want to remove the steps or the activity - i want to remove the stairs climbed because the tracker has incorrectly logged the stairs. I understand that this is due to the built in altimeter being upset by the wind. 

I've looked at this https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306 but it doesn't help. Removing the whole activity is not what i want. 

Is there a way to do what i want ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @xykevinr.

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention.

At this point logging a driving activity is the only way to remove floors and other activity at this time. I'd like to ask you to provide more details on what happened with the driving activity that you logged.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

thanks for replying. 

I did not use the driving activity to remove the stairs climbed. At the moment, I have 

I don't want to remove the activity (walking) since the steps taken and distance covered are valid. If i log the time as 'driving' i will loose 2.5K steps. 

However, due to the wind, the 'stairs climbed' during the activity period is completely wrong - it says 13 stairs climbed when it should say ZERO. 

I know the steps are correct, because this is a route i take often. I know the stairs climbed because it's completely flat. I need a way for compensating for the versa getting the stairs climbed wrong.

Kev

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @xykevinr.

Thanks for reaching back with those details.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to support this suggestion to have that alternative. You can comment and vote on that idea to show your support. Be sure to also read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes