Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Food Logging Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 2/20/2019: Hi Everyone - At this time we rolled back to the old version as we modify the new tool and fix the bug reported with some of the nutritional and calorie count. I will update this thread as I learn more about the updates and status of the revised new tool. Many thanks for the precise, in-depth reports. 

Fitbit Update 2/19/2019: Thanks again for your valuable feedback. While our team is working on modifications to the food logging tool we will be rolling back to the old tool shortly. We appreciate your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 2/19/2019: Our team is actively reviewing your thoughtful feedback. I hope to have an update soon with further information. Thanks.

Fitbit Update 2/17/2019: Hello everyone, thanks again for your feedback this has all been sent to the team. Please note our offices are closed tomorrow for Presidents Day. I hope to have more updates for you after Monday.

Fitbit Update 2/16/2019: posted an update here

Fitbit Update 2/13/2019: The new food log is now live! We look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Fitbit Update 2/4/2019: We’re excited to announce the launch of our updated food logging interface on fitbit.com; it's planned to go live very soon.

We incorporated the most popular suggestions we received after our initial launch. We included updated caloric charts, macronutrient charts, historical logs, waterlogging, and interface improvements.

I hope the new release will meet your food logging needs and look forward to hearing your thoughts once it's live! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
910 REPLIES 910
we definitely need sugar!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand the current page to some is horrible but if you were here when they changed it twice you will understand that although there were loads of pretty pictures but it lost a lot of the functionality - if you really want the mobile app look check the mobile app for an insight into what they tried to pass on to us - on the main website (PC Dashboard) it did not work as the things you can do with this basic version is more than what they gave us hence the riot that took place and why they needed to revert. Yes there needs to be an update to revamp the page but in all honesty they could have just added the Sugar totals to this current page while working on the newer version and they must take note of the concerns of all users not just some,

@AngelDavis You already get Sodium on this current version - Also can you use the edit function instead of (what Fitbit call Spam posting) ie there needs to be a post from another in-between posts you can edit via the 3 dots at the top right of the Post

to all please don't rush them on this as we are hoping that 3rd time lucky they get it right - to be quite frank with you all I don't think they will achieve it but if they could meet in the middle with graphic (aesthetics) to functionality ratio, a lot more people will then be happier with the change - I for one have posted a compromise that would keep both the functionality but also provide all the graphics and history data they wish to invoke on the same page but without it take forever to load the page (I checked on 2 browsers and it was abysmal) please take a look at the link to my post and see if you think that my suggestion would be a good compromise and if so give it a thumbs up (link currently message 12 in this stream) - Yes it includes sugar but for future updates I would like the option of a second pie chart (like the macronutrient) but with daily suggested amounts of Water, salt (or sodium (preferred)) and an add your own 3rd so people with certain deficiencies can track at least one of them (Potassium, Iron, B2 etc) so in short the micronutrients from a dropdown, there needs to be a page somewhere which explains this after the change so we can understand if its a DRA or if its amended to your specific details

The New version some of you may have seen also didn't allow a lot of changes that we can make now at the click of the button like add additional serving sizes in food, once logged you had to log separate to add extra instead of the + or - buttons or give the value in the logged food page so it said 1 or 80 but didn't say what of so it could have been grams, slices, servings of tonnes - it also didn't allow fractions only decimals so you had to measure and guess 2 slices of pizza instead of 1/4 it had to be .25 (the example was a basic) if you only had 1 slice then you couldn't get an accurate data reading as it would have been .125 so either .13 or .12 you may not think significant but when calorie counting if that is your method of controlling intake it can add up to a big different over the coarse of the day - Yes I know not all processes can be accurate but lets stay as close as we can - the new format also missed out the option for sedentary or Custom (re-active) food estimations changeable there and then without having to re-enter your full food plan requirements from the dashboard as you could not enter it from the new page

so in summary yes let there be a new version but please don't rush them as they really need to get it right this time and there are pressing issues with security and login pages that need to be sorted immediately that have taken nearly 4 months to admit there is an issue because they wont listen and react they let problems build until its harder to trace the source of a problem at least with this they reverted back to a usable (albeit basic)  version while they work out the kinks which is what they should do to all changes that cause errors

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions on the matter.

Please do know that we're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. We take all comments seriously and as soon as we have anything to share or announce we will be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions or more suggestions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have been using your changed food interface for logging for months now and loved the simplicity that made it so easy for me to log the foods I eat every day and week. Now, you have changed it again a few days ago and I cannot find my regularly consumed foods easily. Please get rid of the nonhelpful second list and make my regular foods come up first. I have no interest in what I ate yesterday since I am unlikely to eat it again soon except for a few regulars like coffee which I must now search to find. I apologize if this is in another thread and I am very unhappy with this change.

Regards, Susan

Best Answer

Dear Susan, I did not change to the cumbersome new food login, but fitbit changed me over to the new version, but I called and complained and asked that we could have a choice. The representative told me that was not possible and I said that then I guess my only option would be is to leave fitbit and find a different company y to track my foods. Well lo and behold, I am now able to pull up the old version of the tracker. I could not believe that they would try to force us to use their cumbersome tracker when they had such opposition when they first changed over. Hope you can pull up the version you like!! Caroline

Best Answer

I liked the new format when it came up, but then it went away and I have not seen it since. How do I opt in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Caroline, I think I was switched to the new version when I purchased a new Fitbit. I am seriously considering returning it and using my prior model to get the old food log back. I don't know if this will work. Otherwise, it sounds as if my only alternative is to call and complain loudly.

Thank you,

Susan

Best Answer

Maybe it is an issue with your new(er) fitbit, Susan, but just to say, my interface in the App changed radically on October 1, 2019 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) when I ceased using an iPhone 5, switching to an iPhone XR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am new to Fitbit. In the past I have used SparkPeople to log my food and love that as it has a great food database tht builds on all the foods users add. I am not finding ANY food database here and it seems like I need to add in even the basics like chicken breast manually, including doing my won research for macros on those. This seems archaic and way too hard. Am I missing where the Food Database is here and if not can you add one? Thanks!

Best Answer

There is still much room for improvement; these following issues are yet to be fixed:

1- The way the result list is generated when searching a food still makes no sense. When you enter a non processed food like "zucchini" or "egg" for instance, a long list of processed dishes that contain these item comes first; why is it necessary to have to scroll down to find it. "zucchini' or "egg" in this example should come on the top of the list.

2- when a bar-code is not already listed, why is it not possible to create a new item and enter the name / nutritional information linked to this bar-code?

3- the search engine should be more flexible with typos

Best Answer
Well said!!! It has a lot of issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes